Going home

-

ptbill

Reaction score
In 1985 we moved from Austintown Ohio to Atlanta Ga. It was in August and the heat and traffic were just terrible. I told my wife that I'm not staying here,we are going back home. Well it took 34 years but we are putting our house up for sale April, packing up, loading the 65 Barracuda on a trailer and moving back to Ohio. People think we are crazy doing this at 72 but won't know until we try.

In 1985 we moved from Austintown Ohio to Atlanta Ga. It was in August and the heat and traffic were just terrible. I told my wife that I'm not staying here,we are going back home. Well it took 34 years but we are putting our house up for sale April, packing up, loading the 65 Barracuda on a trailer and moving back to Ohio. People think we are crazy doing this at 72 but won't know until we try.
Absolutely go where your the happiest.

It's certainly not the best place but yes it does make me happy there

It's certainly not the best place but yes it does make me happy there
We recently moved from Knoxville home to the Milwaukee area. Yea a bit colder however back with some long time friends and could not be happier. Will be 69 in June enjoy while you can.

Georgia is nice, but Atlanta.... no frickin way!

I just spent 2 hours on a aluminum bleacher bench watching a high school soccer game in 48 degree weather..in So. Cal! I froze..Im just not built for cold. I spent 2 years in Philippines so I know hot and humid and I adapted well. I got back to Ca in Aug and I felt a little cold in the 80+ dry so cal air. Strange how your body acclimates.

When it gets above 80 I get miserable. I like it around 65 to 70. The heat and humidity here is bad and the traffic is horrible

Damn you guys in this thread are old. At 63 I feel like a youngster here. I was born,lived and still in the same county I was born in. Hillsborough County Fl. The heat and humidity suck! Never got use to it. I want to move about 600 miles north.

Damn you guys in this thread are old. At 63 I feel like a youngster here. I was born,lived and still in the same county I was born in. Hillsborough County Fl. The heat and humidity suck! Never got use to it. I want to move about 600 miles north.
That is what I'm doing

Welcome back to Ohio - where is Austintown? Temps in NW Ohio today, 25 degrees, just got a dusting of snow, 1 to 2 inches of snow expected tonight!

Welcome back to Ohio - where is Austintown? Temps in NW Ohio today, 25 degrees, just got a dusting of snow, 1 to 2 inches of snow expected tonight!
It's by Youngstown near the Ohio, Pennsylvania line

It is absolutely terrible
I had to go into down town to deliver a trailer for the NFL Channel and it sucked!if it pay so good I'd never done it

20190117_090838.jpg

-
Back