Going Price for Complete Good Used Big Block 915 Heads

-

pnkhemi

Reaction score
What is the going price for a pair of complete; good used 915 heads? They have been magnafluxed and are crack free. I believe they have 1.74 exhaust valves.

Thanks, Dan

Small block or big block.... There are 915's for both...
1.74 exhaust valve would not be small block.

It depends on what buyer you find. If you find that buyer whose restoring a 67 GTX, you could potentially have a 1000 dollar set of heads. Other than that, they are worth about what the rest are and their price will come down to condition. I would say 300 or so needing rebuilt and maybe 500-750 if they are worked and ready. Unless someone had the correct car for them to go on, it will make little sense to spend a lot of money.

Thank you. I'm looking to buy a pair and there is a person on ebay selling the pair I described. They are complete but need to be reconditioned. He's asking $900. I guess that is probably too much!

Thank you. I'm looking to buy a pair and there is a person on ebay selling the pair I described. They are complete but need to be reconditioned. He's asking $900. I guess that is probably too much!
I'd say. Put a little more with it and you have some new aluminum heads.

Rebuildable big block heads are in the $150-300 range these days (some heads less than that). There was a time when 915s were highly sought after, but with the aftermarket heads out there...

Only Max Wedge heads command a big price these days.

There are several stock eliminator combos early to mid 60's
that supersede to the 915 Big Block head and it is
hard to find a nice set that have been sitting for years
and do not have sunk valves and beat up seats.

There are several stock eliminator combos early to mid 60's
that supersede to the 915 Big Block head and it is
hard to find a nice set that have been sitting for years
and do not have sunk valves and beat up seats.
It's hard to find late 70s heads like that. lol

Last set of 915 heads I had done at a machine shop cost me almost $1,200 by the time they were done...not counting buying the cores...bake,mag, stainless valves,seats,guides,springs, surfacing,etc...gets expensive quick...cores gotta be cheap and you really have to want a set! Would have been way better off just buying aluminum

Are these just 915s or 67 915 HP heads? Sorry, Im new to big block and curious?
My fresh built HP 915 heads

download (1).jpg

If you live near me I can build you a pair

-
Back