Going to California!

-

cdawglean

Reaction score
Just found out I got orders to Edwards AFB in California...now I need to figure out how to get the Dart and the Boat there from Florida along with my wife, kid and other car.. Super Exciting!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your new orders! What is you do (I assume USAF)?
Get in touch with 'Mtn Thunder' here on FABO, he works at Edwards.
What type of boat? Depending on what it is, you may not have much use for it in the middle of the desert. You're definitely going to notice a climate change from the Florida humidity!
How long are you going to be at Edwards? You'll have to make plans for MATS in Las Vegas and Spring Fling in Van Nuys for 2012, and there's always Fall Fling in Van Nuys in October 2011.

Congrats on your new orders! What is you do (I assume USAF)?
Get in touch with 'Mtn Thunder' here on FABO, he works at Edwards.
What type of boat? Depending on what it is, you may not have much use for it in the middle of the desert. You're definitely going to notice a climate change from the Florida humidity!
How long are you going to be at Edwards? You'll have to make plans for MATS in Las Vegas and Spring Fling in Van Nuys for 2012, and there's always Fall Fling in Van Nuys in October 2011.

Well I grew up in California just North of Sac, and my wife is from Bakersfield. We are well aware of the climate change even though a dry heat is 100% better than the humidity. I have a 19ft bowrider..... it would work on lakes but without having to drive a little ways I'm not sure if there are lakes in that area lol.. I'm gonna have to try and sell it I think. I can't wait until the next MATS because barring something pressing I will be there!! I have grandparents and aunt and uncle that live in Henderson so it would be awesome.

Was stationed at Edwards AFB.....back in 1973 to 1974.....

fun placed....LOL....

Probably has changed alot......at least I would hope...

I got stationed here in '73 also. Got out of the Air Force in '75 but have been working at the base off and on ever since. I've worked in Trans, Army Flight Test, C.E. and now AGE.
We have a lot of Mopars in the area now, both modern and early. Antelope Valley Mopar Club has grown every year since it's inception.

Welcome to SOCal! Lake Arrowhead and Silverwood are very close down hwy138 not far from the 15. Then there always is the pacific ocean.

Welcome to SOCal! Lake Arrowhead and Silverwood are very close down hwy138 not far from the 15. Then there always is the pacific ocean.

"Close" is a relative term. Lake Silverwood is 84 miles (2.5 hours) from Edwards according to Bing maps. Lake Arrowhead is further and then Big Bear Lake is just a few miles further up in the San Bernadino mountains.
You also have all the fishing lakes north on Hwy 395 and there's always the 'River' (233 miles, 3.75 hours) or Lake Mead outside of Las Vegas (230 miles).

Lake Isabella is fairly close, maybe 100 miles.

I got stationed here in '73 also. Got out of the Air Force in '75 but have been working at the base off and on ever since. I've worked in Trans, Army Flight Test, C.E. and now AGE.
We have a lot of Mopars in the area now, both modern and early. Antelope Valley Mopar Club has grown every year since it's inception.

Small world AGE is my AFSC. I'm going to the 31TS and my wife (also AGE) is going to the 412TS. Which Sq do you work for?

-
Back