Going to Check Out a "Barn Find"

-
I found out that the Dart is a 270. I'm not sure what that adds to the vehicle but it's better than a base model. Does anyone know what a 270 brings to the party?

I also got a picture from under the hood and saw this wiring mess. I'm thinking mice damage? And who repairs wiring using ONE roll of wire? :mad:

1705149321565.jpeg

270 was a body style there was also a 170, this had no reference to the engines. From your pictures, my guess is that it's a 225. As simple as the wiring was back then, it shouldn't take long for it to be buzzing away. LOL

270 was a trim level. I had a 67 Dart 270 and it wasn't anything special, but it did have a fancy steering wheel. I'm hoping for a small upgrade somewhere similar.

1705152748855.jpeg

I found out that the Dart is a 270. I'm not sure what that adds to the vehicle but it's better than a base model. Does anyone know what a 270 brings to the party?

I also got a picture from under the hood and saw this wiring mess. I'm thinking mice damage? And who repairs wiring using ONE roll of wire? :mad:

View attachment 1716191484
Woah, that is a wiring mess. Regardless what caused it, sounds like you already realise it’s a fire waiting to happen.

A new harness will solve that. What is that hanging below the starter?

I didn't take the picture but it looks like something attached to the exhaust pipe. Maybe the person who "rewired" the engine compartment wrapped something around the exhaust to "fix" a leak?

We all want to know, is it in your possession yet?
Sorry to say no. It is through a friend and he knows that I'm very interested in seeing it and talking to the original owner's son. Last night he told me that the son is across the state but will be back tomorrow. He's trying to set something up. It's supposed to be -1 F here tomorrow morning, so I understand if they don't want to get out. But believe me, I'm chomping at the bit to go see it!!!

Please keep us posted, that is too nice of a car to let it get away in my opinion.

Being inside tells you something.....and a carport? Might be a good deal.....and my story - I saw a 1966 mopar on CL from down Houston way and already knew what those area's cars looked like but this one seams or looked to be okay.....get down there to look and dang if it isn't from Kansas....

270 is just a higher trim level is all. I still cannot tell about the bypass hose from that picture. Looks like it may be a 225 but it's hard to tell.

I'm pretty sure I know that car!!! I think I looked at it in like '02 or '03 but I wasn't interested because it was a narrow A and I was looking for a V8 K-frame for my '72. Is it on the Missouri side?
Meh, on second thought, the car I looked at looked like that back then. I doubt that car looked like that back then.

It has Douglas county plates on it so I'm thinking that it's near Lawrence somewhere. It also has a Jayhawks bumper sticker.

A new harness will solve that. What is that hanging below the starter?
Looks like the original cooler line filter for the transmission. Not easy to find anymore, and frankly not all that necessary either. If you can't find a new one, remove it and make a section of tubing to fill the gap.

No. I've stayed in contact with my buddy and he assures me that I have first shot at it, but we haven't been able to meet up with the owner's son. He has been out of town, and the weather here has SUCKED for two weeks now. I'll keep the thread updated as I get more info. Sorry for the disappointment, but no one is as anxious to see this deal get done as I am.

-
Back