going to give it a shot

-

alsdemon

Reaction score
i,ve tryed to get a job and have not had much luck nobody wants a junk old man/ so i found a alignment machine on ebay/ and a rack/ wheel stands. so i,m going to work out of my friend shop / he has the scanner and does most of the big engine work/ i can do trans swaps and thermastants/ stuff like that but my strong points is wheel alignments front end work/ so now i can bring my strong point to the shop . rick and i think the same and treat cust, right we have built up cust. base before when we worked at a independent goodyear before. then they hired a *** hole and we went our own ways/ so after 12 years at a tire shop.the owners sons of the shop was putting it to me. i called rick who had opened his own shop 3 years ago told me to come on down and work with him, so now i got a way to bring my a game and work for my self instend of putting money in people pockets who use others to better them self instend of there workers. there dad built there bisness not the sons. als

Let me be the first to congratulate you alsdemon on the move and wish you all the best:cheers: Go for it and enjoy a day with less stress and hassle :happy10: Keep us updated on your move and let us know how thing are going :happy10:
Sounds like you will be bringing allot of customers with you :cheers:

Congratulations. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do.

One thing I noticed. In my small town, the well to do people are the ones that own the businesses. Cant get rich working for someone else.

i made good money but i missed all the kids school things and was alway being told by the son,s how i made so much money that i need to work for free or do stuff for free like fix there racks and do stocking when they had guys they payed hourly stand around and mock me and push my buttens/ no lunch breaks/ always rush rush rush till my feet was so sore i can,t do anything with my boys on the week end/ or anwser there phone and bill people out while they sat and ate lunch or talk on there cell phone personal stuff but was told to keep my phone in my car. was told to say till six when my job was done at 5.15. so i say take this job and stick it up your a** the worst was do there free rotation and bal. when there hourly guys stand there watching me cause if i did it and somthing went wrong or wheel came off then i had to pay that way they had no liabilaty it was i my ***.

In my opinion, good move with the wrack. Seems like every town needs a good, dedicated go-to alignment guy. Get hooked up with the local body shops who need to send the alignments out after frame work. This can be added to the sublet side of the estimate and you might see a check directly from the insurance companies who pay this way.

Best of luck to ya. It always seems that the people with a good work ethic get the kind of treatment you received. Been there, done that. Probably the best thing to get out of that abuse.

Good luck Als! And good for you deciding not to take their crap anymore, you're way better than that. I hope you will take a moment to look at yourself in the mirror with a big smile.

Good front end men are a rareity and finding one who knows how to set caster and camber on a drag car is like hens teeth. Good luck.

Good for you! If I were closer I'd use you,but B.C is a looooong drive,lol..

Nothing beats working for yourself, except maybe a job where you get paid for not working at all. Since I haven't got one of those, self-employed has to do :) It's never easy, but the satisfaction at the end of the day makes up for any negatives.

Good luck
Grant

As a small business owner myself, I can attest to the fact that there is much more satisfaction working for yourself than for someone else. But remember, you only get out what you put in. Don't be surprised to find yourself working even longer hours and on weekends to help grow your business.

Best of luck!! :cheers:

i can go for that have talked to some old customers and they will be comeing my way with sum new ones from the board.i got to say thanks to my paint shop guy he has been getting me side work thats helping me pay for this stuff/ also my high school auto shop buddy who is putting up money for the machine. rice body shop is his shop also mopar guy he has a 64 max wedge he doing right now. thanks for the encouargement. als

You go boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-
Back