Going to Italy

-

wyoduster

live free or die
Reaction score
I'm leaving on vacation Monday to spend the holidays with my son and his wife. He's stationed in Naples,Italy..U S Navy. So you won't hear from me for awhile .Just thought I'd drop a line on it.
Wish you ALL a MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Have a GREAT time visiting with your son and daughter-in-law!! Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to you and your family!! Have a safe trip!

WOW! That is sweeeet. Italy with the son. Man, that is greeeaaaat!

Enjoy, have fun and Merry Christmas to you too.

That's great. You are going to love Italy, it is absolutely beautiful and from what I hear, the weather there is awesome. Enjoy your time there and Merry Christmas.

You'll love the country, I was there about a year ago and kept intouch with family over the internet...internet cafes all over the place in northern Italy.

Don't you worry one bit cause i'll take care of those antelope for ya while your gone. Have fun with the family and let us know the price of an airline ticket. You have your selves a very merry Christmas and take some pics of some of their mopars from that nation. Can't wait to see some. Have fun. Tell your son a big thank you for his service from us folks at FABO.

You bet I'll thank him for you.
Getting closer and wife is super excited.
I'll take pictures and show them when I return. Oh the tickets cost $1400. each. Could have done my Stroker with that money....

By the way... Both my Boys are in the Navy , Nick-now in Italy, 6 years ,Jason- now in Virginia ,10 years , lifers I think...
I'm Super proud of both of them.

My Dad was an AMM2 with VF-34 while in the Navy. While with the 6th Fleet in the Mediterranian, the carrier ported at Naples and Rome. The Captain refused to dock at port, instead used longboats to ferry crew ashore, in order to save on huge docking fees. He used the money instead for ship parties and recreation. Crew were warned to stay away from certain sections of Naples due to crime and communist thugs. That was around 1950, or so. He signed on in 1948 for three years of service, but the Korean War broke out and good ol' HST kept him in for another year.

I have always wanted to eat my way through Italy.

Yes I was in the Navy back in 77-83 .And we made a couple stops in Naples. I was on a Destroyer. So I've seen a bit of Italy 30 years ago. So at least I know or knew where the good bars were. We are leaving this afternoon getting anxious now....

was in air force up at Avaino AB...about 50 miles north of Veince...

spend 3 yrs 2 months and 7 days in Italy...1974 to 1977....beautiful country ....even better if you could have gotten rid of the Italians....just kidding..

the food is great.....going back in a couple of years to revisit many places...

-
Back