Going to RUSH concert tonight!!

-

78kitcar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm going to see RUSH again tonight in Cleveland and am STOKED!! I'm in love with their new cd Clockwork Angels.

Any RUSH fans in FABOLAND???? What do ya think of their new cd??

Have fun!
I haven't heard the new cd yet

I haven't heard the new CD yet, but I'm a HUGE Rush fan. Have been for about 30 years. I've seen them many times, they put on an awesome show. It's the only concert I've been to were more people play air drums than air guitar. Enjoy the show, I'm sure it will be great!!!

The new CD is awesome!

Drummer: Neil Peart is from southern Ontario, we went to the same school back in the day.

Neal lost his 19-year-old daughter Selena and wife Jackie, both of whom passed away within a 10-month period. He went on a 14 month ride on his bike to get away after his return he wrote a book, "Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road,"

Kenny

I knew about his daughter, wife and subsequent road trip but I didn't know he wrote a book about it. I'll have too check it out.

I haven't listened to Clockwork, but I've seen them a couple times and they're Excellent! I'm a Rush fan from waaaay back. Have Fun tonight! :blob:

.......and please give us your review tomorrow.

The new CD is awesome!

Drummer: Neil Peart is from southern Ontario, we went to the same school back in the day.

Neal lost his 19-year-old daughter Selena and wife Jackie, both of whom passed away within a 10-month period. He went on a 14 month ride on his bike to get away after his return he wrote a book, "Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road,"

Kenny

Interesting about Neil,hadn't heard that before.Thx

I do know the local rock station in cleveland WMMS was the first to play their music back in the day

OMG!!! Geddy Lee is the reason I started playing bass at 5

Dont miss the show, it's awesome...

I didn't think that it would be as good as the "Time Machine" tour where they played Moving Pictures all the way through. Loved it....

They proved me wrong. They played some Clockwork Angels and then a ton of Power Windows, Signals, and Grace Under Pressure (including Red Sector A). Chicago was the 5th stop on the tour.

Go have an awesome time.... They never disappoint.. (I've seen them about 10 times already and will continue to see them).

Here's a picture of me, Angie, and Fabo kitten and I have my concert "T" on...

View attachment Angie&Karl.jpg

Rush is tops of the list when it comes to my musical influences. Amazing stuff. their recent works have a different feel but it is still noticeably rush. I enjoy it.

Wow, so busy with day to day family and work stuff, that I have been disconnected with my all time favorite band RUSH. I have seen them in concert at least 5 times, and like you said, they never disappoint. Hell, just checked and they are going to be out West in Anaheim on the 17th of November, will plan on taking my 15 year old son to see a great band. Thanks for the heads up!

Wow, so busy with day to day family and work stuff, that I have been disconnected with my all time favorite band RUSH. I have seen them in concert at least 5 times, and like you said, they never disappoint. Hell, just checked and they are going to be out West in Anaheim on the 17th of November, will plan on taking my 15 year old son to see a great band. Thanks for the heads up!

Definately get tickets if they are available. It's a great show!

I've seen it already and would pay for tickets to see it again.

Tell them krazykuda said, "Hi".... LOL!!!

I've seen them a few times, and they seem to fluctuate between a set list that features about 85% old stuff that everyone knows, and one that is about 50/50 "good old" stuff and much more newer less recognizeable material.

My favorite tour in the past 10 years was the one where they had the clothes dryers on stage and were using them to dry their clothes.

Interesting that they have embraced the "stram punk" concept.
My stepson showed me an anime about 5 years ago with that theme, and my wife knows someone who makes and sells steam punk dolls.

I am kinda attracted to past visions of the future.

Seems like a few favorable reviews. I'll have to check out the new material.

Love em. Wanted to see them at Summerfest a couple years ago but my friend bailed on me and my parents wouldn't let me go by myself.

The new CD is awesome!

Kenny

Another little know fact. My brother inlaw has been a friend since public school in Scarborough Ontario with Geddy Lee and not many know that "Geddy" is actually Gary. His mom had a thick accent and when he was a kid, she always called him Geddy, so all his friends did too. The name stuck so he went with it.
No big deal but I thought it might be interesting to know if you're, and I am too, a big RUSH fan. Great music over the years !! :cheers:

Everybody in these parts has a story about our hometown boys. Ive been a Rushaholic since high school (im 51 now). My buddy put the air conditioning system in one of their secret batcave studios. Got to hang out a bit......great guys.

Well, 78kitcar, how did you like the show???

Did you get a shirt?

Well, 78kitcar, how did you like the show???

Did you get a shirt?

WOW!!!! Absolutely amazing!!!! Those guys rock for a solid 3hours and just a 15 min intermission. Also played the entire clockwork angels which i am a fan of. I could go on and on and will but its dinner time. LOL

-
Back