Going to see a member

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing dusterforever again tomorrow :happy10:
Hay Bill!!! if you want to get away from it all meet us in Paragould tomorrow for a 9:30 breakfast :cheers:
We drove to Small Block's Field of dreams last year and did some parts pull'in

Yall know our member from Texas :happy10:
I am going to drive Victoria so he can see her for the first time in person :happy10:

Going to take a blast in town in Victoria :-D

Get ready Tim, She ain't got a/c :toothy10: and just a little 170 / :toothy10:
He runs a 408 c.i. Stroked, So I know I will give him a granny drive :-D
The front seat in his car came from the field of dreams and we all learned something that day on two to a four door didn't we bill :cheers:

73Dusterstripe.JPG

rear.jpg

I hope to build on this thread and have pictures of our day

My day on the hill taking the dusty and gravel road grime off of my daily driver.
Before and after pictures 8) a little at a time on a 101 f. degree day
But look at Boogie:-D she did not mind the heat at all :-D
Buddy was ready to go back in the a/c :happy10:

SOUND CHECK FUEL 1 127.jpg

SOUND CHECK FUEL 1 133.jpg

SOUND CHECK FUEL 1 134.jpg

SOUND CHECK FUEL 1 135.jpg

Looks like it's going to be a good start of a day with a free breakfast on dusterforever this morning :-D Yall be good till I get back now ya hear :toothy10: Yes I am talking to you Noel :-D:toothy10::toothy10:

I did put some soap and water on my / last night for the first time :-D

Tim Morlin Visit 7 22 2010 015.jpg

Good morning brother Mike. 8) Have a good time tomorrow and get some pics for us. Our paths will cross someday for sure and I am looking forward to it.:clock:

Buddy is looking real nice. :cheers:

Headeed out to the gargage to work on the Dart. I want to get this done so bad.

Mike, have fun and tell us how it went. :read2:

Victoria looks friggen great! You did a absolutely great job on that engine compartment. How's the driveability with the 4V? Do you have to do any tuning?

Poor buddy, he just wants to stay cool.... :-D

Homecloned,

Get her done! We want to see this Dart!

Tim "dusterforever" is busy getting things ready for his daughters wedding so I will be the first to say it was great to see Tim again :cheers:
He was standing outside at his sons house with camera in hand and jumped in the passenger side and off we went to Couches for the mangers breakfast spatial =P~ Thank you Tim :-D
Joe the new set up is perfect :happy10: No hard start's or falling on it's face and nice and smooth hummmmmm down the road, But know I can stomp it strait to the floor and it moves much quicker with no bog at all :thumbrig: Ask Tim :-D he was amazed at the extra power and the smooth quite ride. No problems at all ramcharger Zip Nodda :hello2:
Even the 100 F. heat she runs 190F. and getting better gas milage
I showed Victoria to a couple folks today and was invited to get a 24 point inspection Saturday for free at hot rod shop =P~ I will get some pictures Saturday :-D It should be a big turn out of nice ol ride's :-D
Here is the end of our day, looks like a smug was on my camera lens

Tim Morlin Visit 7 22 2010 028.jpg

Good morning brother Mike. 8) Have a good time tomorrow and get some pics for us. Our paths will cross someday for sure and I am looking forward to it.:clock:

Buddy is looking real nice. :cheers:

Headeed out to the gargage to work on the Dart. I want to get this done so bad.
Well I am glad you are enjoying a day in the shop getting more dun bud, Buddy is 58 lb know and I hope he quits growing :happy10: Thank you, and I am sure we will see our paths meet soon :happy10: That will be a great day for sure :cheers:

Mike, have fun and tell us how it went. :read2:

Victoria looks friggen great! You did a absolutely great job on that engine compartment. How's the driveability with the 4V? Do you have to do any tuning? I have not touched the dist, and just set the carb to high vacuum and she has been nothing but trouble free and no leaks or errors

Poor buddy, he just wants to stay cool.... :-D He get's let loose and I let him run then to the leash he goes while I washed the car, Yep he likes the a/c when it's over 95 degree's :-D

Homecloned,

Get her done! We want to see this Dart!
Same here, I wish I was there today with him :-D But then he may not get anything dun :drinkers:

On my way home I stopped by an ol friends shop to say hello and ask about a roomer I herd he had a Silver Hawk, well he does =P~and it's up for sale a/c auto with factory over drive =P~
If you look in the thread some one started "what car I would like to go back in time and get" you will see this car was my pick :happy10: I just picked the 58 model because that was the year I was born.
This is a 59 model $10.000 and a real good driver

I wish I had Tim with me :angry7: He would have loved this stop :happy10:

Tim Morlin Visit 7 22 2010 034.jpg

Tim Morlin Visit 7 22 2010 035.jpg

Tim Morlin Visit 7 22 2010 036.jpg

Tim Morlin Visit 7 22 2010 043.jpg

Tim Morlin Visit 7 22 2010 044.jpg

Tim Morlin Visit 7 22 2010 045.jpg

Sounds like you havin a great day.. No pics of the lunch? I'm hungry here..

Grant
Na, I was hungry to and we had two eggs over medium hash browns and bacon and Biscuits and gravy =P~ Needless to say I got topped off :-D

Before I took off Jerry said Mike your a MoPar man 8) so let me ask you and see if I can give him the right answer to what this is that no one has gave him yet :happy10:
I said DAMMMMMM Long runners as I wiped the sweet and drool of the 61 Dodge =P~=P~=P~=P~
He gave me a pat on the back and said know I can tell everyone who new what they was :happy10: Jerry is turning this one into a two door

I could cusssss!!!!!!!!! I know I got a picture of this four door car :angry7:
I will get one next time I am there :angry7: I think it's a Palara :read2:

Tim Morlin Visit 7 22 2010 030.jpg

Tim Morlin Visit 7 22 2010 031.jpg

Tim Morlin Visit 7 22 2010 032.jpg

Her is a car hauler he is working on, You have seen some of his cars I have posted in other threads, But here is today's pictures and I must say what a great day I had.
I would not have had it if Tim did not get me out, Thank you dusterforever

Tim Morlin Visit 7 22 2010 038.jpg

Tim Morlin Visit 7 22 2010 039.jpg

Tim Morlin Visit 7 22 2010 040.jpg

Tim Morlin Visit 7 22 2010 041.jpg

Tim Morlin Visit 7 22 2010 037.jpg

Tim Morlin Visit 7 22 2010 033.jpg

Damn, I wish one day I can retire so I can spend the day visiting hot rod shops, hanging out with friends and drinking beer. :toothy10: Just kidding with you Mike. :cheers:

I'm glad to hear that carb set-up worked out so well for you. Is that the one you got from Billy?

Damn, I wish one day I can retire so I can spend the day visiting hot rod shops, hanging out with friends and drinking beer. :toothy10: Just kidding with you Mike. :cheers:

I'm glad to hear that carb set-up worked out so well for you. Is that the one you got from Billy?
JOE!!!!! I bought that for Mike 2 years ago for his 50th birthday present. HOW COULD YOU FORGOT THAT!!!!!:yawinkle: Just had to give you a hard time, just kidding. He did send it to Billy to set it up for him and did a great job. I wish you could retire some day soon, (me too) but Mike deserves his retirement and I'm glad he has some good days out. He hasn't open a beer yet but we are heading to APA league night at the bar, and he'll be opening up one reallllllllllllll soon. Have a great evening. Treva

JOE!!!!! I bought that for Mike 2 years ago for his 50th birthday present. HOW COULD YOU FORGOT THAT!!!!!:yawinkle: Just had to give you a hard time, just kidding. He did send it to Billy to set it up for him and did a great job. I wish you could retire some day soon, (me too) but Mike deserves his retirement and I'm glad he has some good days out. He hasn't open a beer yet but we are heading to APA league night at the bar, and he'll be opening up one reallllllllllllll soon. Have a great evening. Treva

Treva,

I did forget. :clock: I'm not all that much younger than you all and CRS get's the best of me now and again (CRS=Can't Remember S***). :-D I think we should all be able to retire dang it. :cheers:

Have fun tonight Treva and Mike! I'll have to crack one open in your guy's honor tonight. It's early here still (5:15) and I want to take the Jeep for a little cruise and test out the stereo I put in last night. 8)

Looks like Treva caught me in the shower last night before we took off to our league night Joe :happy10:
ain't she a dandy :love7:
I sure had a full day yesterday :-D and stopping by to see some ol friends and talking a bit and telling some cool stories about our day being young gun's :rock::drinkers::burnout:
We have to be at the location to shoot APA pool at about 6pm to 6;30 and it's about a 15 minute drive, I was shooting my last game to win and made a great kick shot and everyone went crazy, I looked over at Treva and guess who was standing there applauding me on :tongue9: It was Tim "dusterforever" and watched my last game and I did not know it 8) I was on my game to say the least last night :-D our team captain called me up to play this guy me being ranked a 5 and him being ranked a 6 but shoot's like an 8
the crowd was quite and watching our game Treva said, I was to focused on my game to notice :sign7: I won and my team and looked like everyone there was watching was applauding me as I shook hands with this 6'5'' shooter 8)
Tim sure surprised me when I was walking to Treva and he was watching
So I will say that yesterday was a Five Stare Day :cheers:

Treva,

I did forget. :clock: I'm not all that much younger than you all and CRS get's the best of me now and again (CRS=Can't Remember S***). :-D I think we should all be able to retire dang it. :cheers:

Have fun tonight Treva and Mike! I'll have to crack one open in your guy's honor tonight. It's early here still (5:15) and I want to take the Jeep for a little cruise and test out the stereo I put in last night. 8)
Thank you brother :cheers: we had a great time last night :happy10:
I can say this in pure honesty that retirement is not what it's cracked up to be 8) But I am making the best of it that I can and keep a smile on :happy10:
Folks say it's now time for me to have a child hood and I am blest with a great wife and 2 boys and there family and friends and just as portent is the friends here at this great site that makes my days so much better :happy10:
(CRS=Can't Remember S***). same here :toothy10:

buddy is gettin big
looks like you had a great time there i love that 64 comet on the hauler
Terry
He is getting to big :toothy10:
I hope he stops growing at 58 lbs now.
Yes that Comet is a great build Jerry did a few years ago :happy10:
let me find a couple pictures for you I have taken, Well it would take me a hour to find that car show picture, but here is his MoPar build at the track :-D

Drag race day 012.jpg

Good to here you had a fun day Mike. Congrats on winning the pool game.
Thank you brother :happy10:
Treva just called to check in and she said good morning how is my pool shark doing :toothy10:, I must have been tired and slept till 10 am this morning :happy10: what a great day I had :happy10:
It just takes one great day to make everything roll of your shoulders and keep a smile on all week :cheers:

Thank you brother :cheers: we had a great time last night :happy10:
I can say this in pure honesty that retirement is not what it's cracked up to be 8) But I am making the best of it that I can and keep a smile on :happy10:
Folks say it's now time for me to have a child hood and I am blest with a great wife and 2 boys and there family and friends and just as portent is the friends here at this great site that makes my days so much better :happy10:
(CRS=Can't Remember S***). same here :toothy10:

Kick butt Mike! I remember the feeling after winning the tourney to place. :cheers:

Mike, you certainly deserve to take the time to have a childhood and I know you sure didn't have it easy. 8)

BTW, I installed my old Pioneer Super Tuner in the Jeep and threw in ZW&R and went on a 30 mile test drive last night. :read2: I got home and cracked open a beer in your honor. :-D

Kick butt Mike! I remember the feeling after winning the tourney to place. :cheers:

Mike, you certainly deserve to take the time to have a childhood and I know you sure didn't have it easy. 8)

BTW, I installed my old Pioneer Super Tuner in the Jeep and threw in ZW&R and went on a 30 mile test drive last night. :read2: I got home and cracked open a beer in your honor. :-D

I have owned a couple of those old Pioneer Super Tuner's :cheers:
If Mars had a radio station it would pick it up and they had good out put power in there day :happy10:
I bet it was your toasting to me that made my night so cool :-D
Like Treva said I went strait to the bar :-D and the bar tender said quote= Bud light in a bottle and a shot of Tequila for you Mike :happy10: Yes and thank you :-D That was about 6:15pm :-D I bet your tunes sound good in your Jeep Joe, ZWR sure has some good original music, It's good to hear something new ain't it. :happy10:
So your Jeep is running great and know you have tunes in it to enjoy on some long trips in :happy10::happy10: You sure built a dandy 4.05768940L :-D

My wife is from arkansas so we go to jonesboro area twice yearly. MeMike came over in Victoria and we drove to breakfast. I was really surprised how peppy that slant six is! He is gonna have to get a Tach on it...really winds up quick! Victoria rides really smooth and is a very clean car. Anyone would be proud to own it. I also went to his pool tournament that night and watched him play. He made a great comeback and final shot and win for his team. Also got to do a little karaoke that night...was another great trip to arkansas and the friendly people who live there...can't get any nicer than memike! We also drove out to George Ray's Dragstrip. I had met him just shortly before he passed away.

Looking forward to seeing dusterforever again tomorrow :happy10:
Hay Bill!!! if you want to get away from it all meet us in Paragould tomorrow for a 9:30 breakfast :cheers:
We drove to Small Block's Field of dreams last year and did some parts pull'in

Yall know our member from Texas :happy10:
I am going to drive Victoria so he can see her for the first time in person :happy10:

Going to take a blast in town in Victoria :-D

Get ready Tim, She ain't got a/c :toothy10: and just a little 170 / :toothy10:
He runs a 408 c.i. Stroked, So I know I will give him a granny drive :-D
The front seat in his car came from the field of dreams and we all learned something that day on two to a four door didn't we bill :cheers:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Looks like you made it back home safely Tim :cheers:
Thank you for a great start of an outstanding day :happy10:
A free breakfast and I herd some one doing a good job singing but I did not know it was you knocking out some good singing :-D
Heck I did not know you was there till I made my last shot for the win and turned to look at Treva and seen you there with a cold bottle beer in your hand :happy10: What a great surprise to see ya there that night
Yes I need to hook my Tach up that ramcharger gave me :-D It's been so dang hot outside it's tough to commit doing anything outside:angry7: But I bet I get it in this StrongEnd :cheers:
Thank you for the pictures, I think that is the only picture of me and Victoria at George Ray's in on shot 8)8) Tim is looking for a drivers side 73 Duster tail light trim and possibly a better lens so if anyone has one or knows of one let me or he know
Thank you for yet another great time dusterforever :cheers:
You was the second member to take a ride in here but the first with all my new updates dun :-D

-
Back