Good body shop? Atlanta, GA

-

Ridge911

Reaction score
I'm looking to have a floor pan and some minor metal work done, followed by a nice solid paint job. Does anyone have any recommendations for a body shop in the Atlanta/ northeast Georgia area?

We have a real good little fab man here in Milledgeville at the transmission shop.

Spray-glo out Buford Hwy past the Pull-a-part treated me right. It's mom & pop owned (Ed and Shirleen) but at the same time you get the back-up of it being a franchise. The only issues I had were they painted over my pentastar emblem and my trunk lock, and they forgot to paint under my hood. Like any place it's a good idea to go over all your expectations with them. You might have the fab man do the pans and then take it to them for prep and paint.

Ok cool. I plan on getting a couple of estimates, but never thought of getting the metal work done at one place and paint and body at another.

Now, let me tell you where NOT to take anything. Here is the review I wrote for Maaco in Stockbridge, Georgia

DO NOT USE THIS PLACE!!! My son was in a wreck and took his car to this place on a friends recommendation. They gave him a 2500 dollar estimate. Since I was paying this out of pocket he called me and I told him to drop it off for repair.

Two days later they called and the repair estimate had jumped to 5500 bucks! Thats right 3000 bucks HIGHER but they said it needed an inner fender, etc. So I let them go ahead.

A week later, they called and wanted another 1500 bucks on top of the 5500!! I said no way. I told them I wanted to pay for the repairs up to this point. On 1-31-2012, the lady said it was 5253.95 and I could pick it up on 2-1-2012.

On 2-1-2012, a different lady told me it was 5303.95. When I returned to my desk and saw my note with the total given to me the previous day, I called back to ask why the 50 dollar difference. I was put on hold for 7 minutes and finally hung up.

Hope they enjoy what they ripped me off for because they wont ever touch another vehicle I or my family own.

BEWARE their "estimate" means NOTHING!! What you pay will not even be in the ballpark. They will shaft you. Stay away!!!!!!!!!

Oh, if you dont mind the drive to Winder, Georgia use these people

B-2 Motorsports

Terry Bradley
229 N. Broad Street
Winder, Georgia
678-725-2531

They are Mopar guys and they do beautiful work. If you were at the Mopar show at Year One back in the fall, you probably saw their cars/work.

That is who I plan to use when I have the Valiant painted.

Wow, great responses! Thank you all so much.

Brief Situation: It is a 1964 Valiant convertible that runs and drives great. I removed the front seat to do some cleaning, and when I stood on the floor pan towards the rear, it "collapsed" a little bit, but sort of "sprung back when I got off of it. I haven't even pulled the carpet yet but will in a couple days.The body looks to be in decent shape, so I don't know how much work it actually would need, other than a basic sanding, and respray.

I was contemplating asking about a rhino-liner type underspray to make it bullet proof in the future. I don't know if anyone has done this or if it would even work, or if it is even practical. I want it to be a solid daily driver, so I'm not trying to "restore", just to make it real durable and tough.

IF it needs a rear floor pan and a small hole filled in the trunk, along with basic panel alignment, new underseal, and engine removal for proper bay spraying how much would be a ballpark cost estimate? My initial guess was $3000, but I have no idea if I'm even close. I'm not looking for solid figures, just trying to get an idea of what I'm getting myself into.

dont take it to Hop's speed shop either in jefferson he's a chevy guy and he's high priced for crappy work also treats his employees like crap so they dont stay very long who knows how many people you would have workin on your car being pissed off
employees being pissed off do to boss equals crappy work

I dont know much about Jodeco. I think the guy who owns it used to work at Nalley Chevrolet and, if it is the same guy, he is a good guy.

If you are looking for a place around McDonough, look up D&D Customs. The owners name is Dennis and he does very good work. My son used him for a S10 and we used him for my wifes car. Both jobs were done nicely but both were insurance jobs so I cant speak for pricing.

Take a look at my '70 Dart's first paint job. Mark Engle at Atlanta Auto Restorations did a great job and was more than fair.
Get this- HE GOT IT DONE ON TIME AS PER AGREED!!!. very professional shop.
ricky

Yes, it's James Boyd @ road King customs in canton.. and does mild to wild!! He did tons of custom work on my 69 dart but can do anything you want..go to YouTube and type in
Roadkingcustoms. All one word and check out his work videos

How am I ever going to be able to make a decision with all of your excellent recommendations?! Thank you all so much for your assistance. I will be sure to post progress threads in the future. This forum has been the most polite and assistive forum I have ever used, and the fellow board members are so helpful and courteous! Thanks to all again.

It will be a couple weeks before I can start getting estimates. I have to pull the seats and carpet and find some spare time on my off day to go get the estimates at these places... I still have no idea what kind of pricing I may be in for!

B-2 in Winder. Talk to Kurt, he does great work and knows Mopars.

-
Back