Good bye my great old friend

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown..

Thank you ocdart for sending me these words of comfort, Boogy was with me her hole life and stayed by my side every step I took, RIP my sweet lady :sad1: You gave me so so soo many great times and memories for 14 years and 7 months ... I love you Boogy :sad1:

Attachments

• home 0078.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 387
Just went thru this myself Mike....Sorry for your loss.....

Sorry Mike, Treva, and Buddy, thank you for the loving family you gave her all these years. RIP Boogy you gave me many smiles.

Sent the Rainbow bridge to my daughter Thursday. I get to watch my grandson this morning while his Mom & Dad take their 4 legged best friend to go to the other side.

Very sorry Memike!

My sympathies, Mike. Always tough to lose someone, even one of these little ones.

Sorry to hear of your loss Memike. Its quite hard losing a small member of the family like that.

Yes Mike, very sad to hear about Boogy!! He's gonna be welcomed home though, and get his place over the bridge all set up just the way he wants it!! Sending a little prayer for some peace and comfort in your hearts, and for a great big bunch of great memories to keep him in your hearts!!

Big hugs from Nella for all of you and Buddy too! He's lost a friend too, and will probably miss his pal for a while also!! Our dog Bella still misses Homer a bit, and he was a cat!! Maybe it was the freebie food she misses, but I like to think they were good pals like Boggy and Buddy!! God bless and take care, Geof

Sorry to hear that you lost a family member. Very sad.

Sorry to read this.
I lost my dog to a stoke after 17 years. It is truly like losing a family member. I was heartbroken. I had her cremated and her remains placed under a bush in the front yard where she used to lay in the shade.

It tore my heart out when we put Jemma down last year. I still think of her every day. My condolences Mike to you and Treva.

Thank you all for your words of comfort, Boogy gave so much love to every one her on the hill and even at our old home place, Treva and I went out for a drive in the sunshine this morning and just got back home, mist the hello barking at the door waiting for us to walk in and jump in my arm and lap when I jump on here.. She and I have some great memories here together :glasses7:

Attachments

• Victoria fund 043.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 305
  • SUPER BOWL IVIV 2010 192.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 284
Sorry for your loss Mike...Been there before and it hurts.
It sure does, and seem like all the commercials I see with these little Maltese in them hits me in the hart, but I am doing good, she is in a better place and young again.

I'm very sorry for your loss Mike. I bet she's done met Annie, our little Shi- Tzu we lost a few years ago. I think they work so hard to show us all the love they can because they know their time here is short. R.I.P. Miss Boogie.

Sorry to hear about your lost. Pets do become family.

Mike so sorry to hear about Boogy. She was such a cutie.

Mary and I know what it's like to lose a little friend and companion like Boogie.Our little poodle Sparkey was 18 when his little body finally gave out on him and we had to have him put down. It's been about 8 years now it
doesn't seem like it though.

May Boogy and Sparkey play together until we meet them once more.
View attachment Sparkey27 (800x544).jpg

Bless you and your family.

Tom and Mary

Claudia and I send our sincere condolences. Boogey looks like she was a real sweetie. She will live on in your memories and in your heart.

Our little guy Sammy is our first dog. We had absolutely no idea how quickly they can worm their way into your heart and become a member of the family.

Take care,

Steve

I'm sorry to hear about Boogy. I have been through this with our dog as well and unfortunately its something we all have to go through eventually. She looked like a real cutie and full of spunk. Cherish the memories forever and hold them close to your heart.

RIP Boogy

Sorry for the lose of your great friend.
I'm sure it was wonderful life she had on the hill.

-
Back