good machine shop in southern ontario?

-

74scamp360

Reaction score
Hey guys i'm getting ready to do a V8 swap in my 74 scamp and i recently bought a 360 for it. I was wondering if anyone knows of any good machine shops in southern ontario anywhere because i was hopeing to get a valve job done on the heads and also get them ported and polished. Let me know if anyone knows of any good ones. Thanks

Call Car Quest 613-968-6421 in Belleville ont canada ask for Rob he builds race engines has all you need even a flow bench for heads.

Just checked google maps and belleville is 3 hours from me up the 401, anyone got anything closer, GTA, kitchener?

There's some good shops in K-W and Cambridge and Guelph, some are better then others in different areas (heads, block...).

I had Carquest in Kitchener re-surface my flywheel, they did an excellent job, less than .001" run-out. I've also used Heimpel automotive in the past, for engine work (boring and honing), crankshaft grind (.010-.010), all work was good. But I've recently heard some bad stories about them also (new machinist ?). Let me know what you need / want done...

Then I can recommend the shop for your needs.

All the best,
Giles

I got my 340 stroked by Beatty and Woods up by Toronto Airport(Toronto)Ask for Chuck he,s an old Mopar racer.Here,s the dyno sheet from my 340 stroked to 372,it,s 450hp 438 ft.lbs.Give him a shout,tell him Scott in Oakville sent ya!

340 Dyno sheet 001.jpg

340 Dyno sheet 002.jpg

Give Scott Moser a call at Engine Technologies in Cambridge. 519-622-8080 does good work at a reasonable rate and has a flow bench. He built my 512 ci Wedge with Eddy heads but has done many stock head mopars.
Tell him Derrick with the Henry J sent yah.

Hey guys i'm getting ready to do a V8 swap in my 74 scamp and i recently bought a 360 for it. I was wondering if anyone knows of any good machine shops in southern ontario anywhere because i was hopeing to get a valve job done on the heads and also get them ported and polished. Let me know if anyone knows of any good ones. Thanks
Talk to Wayne or Mike at Active Engines in Mississauga

Give Scott Moser a call at Engine Technologies in Cambridge. 519-622-8080 does good work at a reasonable rate and has a flow bench. He built my 512 ci Wedge with Eddy heads but has done many stock head mopars.
Tell him Derrick with the Henry J sent yah.

What he said !

Walker automotive in Chatham (do work for RM restoration out of blenheim)
there is another one in West lorne but cant remember the name
car quest in london.. heard they were cheaper then most places
Atchison machine in london as well .They work on an IHRA funny car.. pricey but good work

or me :) i dont do engine rebuilds but i can do anything else :)

you could do something like pirt and polish heads dodgedifferent2?

honestly never done that ... but will someday for myself.

cutting splines on axles ... (shortening 8 3/4)
cutting key ways ...
i wish i had access to more machines ... i am limited to bridgeport and lathe at the moment.

Hi

There Midnight Auto in Toronto, they are true Mopar guys that build mostly hemis

-
Back