good news and bad news

-

AbodyJohn88

Reaction score
the bad news is that my grandfather who i love dearly has had some health probloms over the past few years hes 77 and had been dragracing since he was 16 years old hes got a 64 dodge 330 with a 540 inch stroker all out race car. over the weekend he pulled me aside and told me that this summer would be his last summer racing the car witch made me quite upset figuring he would be selling the car. the good news is that he told me he wants me to be the driver of this 9 second quarter mile ground pounder!!! you guys prob know by now that i race a smallblock barracuda that runs high 12's but boy i cant wait to jump in his car. and while im racing his car im going to let my older brother run my cuda witch is a 12 second street car. anybody got some advice on going from high twelvs to low tens to high nines?? iv onlt got one pic on my comp of his car and its just the engine i will be posting more of his car even though its not an abody. i love you grandpa your making ym dreams come true!!!
540 wedge with 250 nitrous shot
n564649486_1361340_4002773.jpg

the street car i run that ill be letting my brother drive at the strip and yes im, still putting the w2's on it

IMG_0238.jpg

Shame Grandpa is quiting and congratulations to you.

You should really feel blessed that he is turning over the throttle to you.

Post the pictures when you get them.

i know i feel extremely bad that he has to stop but he said the doctors say he really has no choice : ( and if theres one person he wants in the car he said it would be me. its hard to see someone you love not be able to do the one thing in life they live for but he said hes get just as much joy watching me race the car. heres the car at a car show just goosign the throttle. CRANK THE SPEAKERS UP!!!

[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYRrQ-a9FJ4[/YouTube]

my advice is to LISTEN to EVERYTHING he tells you about the car and how to drive it. make a burn out just way he wants it done. the first pass should be half throttle so you can get the feel of the hotrod. there is a world of difference between your street car and his. it will feel like you 've been shot out of a cannon on launch. just take it easy until you have the hang of driving it.

Apply for the NHRA license now. You'll need a physical. Not sure if you need more than that. You need a license for 9.99 and faster IIRC. Get familiar enough witht he car that without your eyes open you can touch each switch and control. Get seat time at a track rental rather than a test and tune... The atmosphere is much more conducive to learning and it's the best time to make license passes without a crowd or being rushed. After a few times you will be comfortable with everything. Oh yeah... Don't move the steering wheel much when you launch or when it comes down!!!

What a beautiful car!Your a very lucky man to have such a giving granpa.My hat,s off to your granpa for building such a nice car,take care of it!Good Luck with the raing.:cheers:

I have not gone that fast, but no matter how fast you go, my number one rule is to know when to let off.
I have seen more wrecks by people trying to save a bad run then anything else.
Your gonna think you could jump out and run as fast as your 12 second car after going nines.
I know this guy who went all the way down to the 6 second bracket and then stopped because he couldn't afford to go any faster.
Now he's happy going 15 teens with his 440 charger.
SPEED :rolleyes:

-
Back