Good or Bad weld?

-
Well speaking as an x-welder and maybe an *** I think it will be fine for what it is and does. If it was the hull of a ship or nuclear containment vessel I would grind out a couple verticals but I think you are good to go for your car. JMHO!

Well speaking as an x-welder and maybe an *** I think it will be fine for what it is and does. If it was the hull of a ship or nuclear containment vessel I would grind out a couple verticals but I think you are good to go for your car. JMHO!
Did not intend to call YOU an ***. JUST an observation in general. :burnout:MT

I've welded quite a bit of stuff in my day and professionally for a couple of years and never had a problem. I think your welds look fine like everyone else except for one guy who's avatar has a picture of him Welding with no arm protection against flash burn or slag. Unless this is 90% race car it's probably Aesthetics anyways.

After you have read all the comments, how do YOU feel about it? Safe or not?

Welded for a living for a while...Was 'certified" to weld roll structures for Caterpillar...many years ago.Those welds look good to me.....much better than the other thread. I would not worry about them.

yea weldind AND paint fumes NO good for the health, but us hobbiest hopefully don't get that much of it.
if ever any question of your weld on this type stuff, grind down the weld and make a " lap" weld going further across both pieces is what I do. but i'm not a pro but have welded plenty with mig and stick. I've had welders be critical of some of my welds, but I tell them if it doesn't come off under load it must be good enough!? ha

To put yourself at ease, take a couple of scraps the same thickness, weld them up the same as the car, then take a sledge hammer and try to break your welds. I think you will have your answer!

Those welds look perfectly fine to me, like about 20 other members have said, with one guy saying there not........I think the answer is obvious! Carry on!

Yep, they look good to me. Better than some of my subframe welds. I found it difficult laying on the floor trying to weld on the bottom of the car. Some look better than others, but it aint coming apart.

The only metal splattering I know how to do is from a long ways away. Haven't yet learned how to weld. Those welds look fine to me.

-
Back