good place to research my Duster!!

-

jjg73

Reaction score
hello all. just happened to stumble upon this site while doing some research! pretty nice in here!!! i was just wondering if anyone out there knew where i could find some info on my car. i posted on yahoo answers and got a generalization of an answer but i want whole numbers. i have a 73 Duster 340 4 speed. i am trying to find out how many exatcly were made with this combination. i got an answer of "about 2000". i just wanna know the exact number. i just got done doing a new ring job on it, just registered it and ready to go put some nice easy miles on it!!! thanks again and great site!!!

You could post the vin # and some one will eventually chime in and tell you everything that your car had and I think they can tell you how many were made.

Im coming up with 15,731 duster in 1973 that came equipped with the 340. as for how many of those 340's came with the 4 speed? I am not positive on that one.

You could post the vin # and some one will eventually chime in and tell you everything that your car had and I think they can tell you how many were made.

Vin number won't tell you how many were made but it will tell you in what sequence his car was assembled.....for example it might show his car was the 700th on the line to be built in 73.....but it won't show out of how many or out of how many 340 cars.....BUT I know alot of guys here have an encyclopedia in their heads on production numbers so I am sure someone will be able to give him a definitive answer .

And yes, as mentioned, if you post up your fender tag info we can tell you all about your car if you already do not know.

thanks guys! i will put that up when i get up from work tomorrow. thanks again!!!

In the mean time here are the totals for 73 340 Dusters

15,731 made

11,841 shipped to US dealers

8,312 were automatics
1,492 were 3 sp manuals
2,037 were 4 sp manuals

-
Back