Good places to retire? Sorry-long

-
Mile high,

You left out a few requirements for your wants I think.like, I NEED/Want X. I NEED/want to be with in 30 minutes of town etc. my budget is X.
A hierarchy of those wants and needs would probably help someone give a suggestion.

Good luck!

What is your family situation? I'm pretty happy with where I'm at, south central Missouri. Cost of living is reasonable, Springfield has about everything anyone would ever need, and there are several small town close by, where you don't have to deal with the city problems. Mostly more important to me though, my son, and his family live here. I can't even imagine leaving him, and my two grandson's. Another thing to consider, as we get older, we are more susceptible to health problems. I have known people who have retired, moved to their dream place, then had health problems, with no family close by to help. Just some things to consider.

Mile high,

You left out a few requirements for your wants I think.like, I NEED/Want X. I NEED/want to be with in 30 minutes of town etc. my budget is X.
A hierarchy of those wants and needs would probably help someone give a suggestion.

Good luck!

Freakin hell yea! That will help a lot.

My wife and I sat down and made a list of needs and wants for our house search. I told her to put “Must Have” on the left. We compared notes and off we went. We found our “Must Have’s” in the house we have but did miss a few of the lists “We would REALLY LIKE TO HAVE” mentions on the list.

The must have for me, it was a 2 car garage and a big back yard close to work, bank, auto parts store & a supermarket. Bamm baby!

Retirement will require a few changes, or, should I say, additions. We’re mulling over what is out there now and what we think we would like. She is in a catch 22 on the matter. Not sure on being inland or on the shore. Me? IDGAF. More garage space would be nice! LMAO!!!!

Just a short story, A customer of mine a few weeks before I retired finally found some property in the Ozarks. It had been overlooked for many years but he and the realtor took a drive up the hill (almost mountain) to the top where the property was located. There was a beautiful view of Lake of the Ozarks with plenty of land to clear for other lots to sell. The property was never sold because no one traveled to the top for a scenic view.

-
Back