good rocker arms

-

jivemother33

Reaction score
i was wondering whats a good rocker arm set up ? i have factory stamped ones on my 340 likee to upgrade maybe to just a roller tip . i dont race or anything just like a little more power . heard factor rocker flex alot and dont give full valve lift ...

I've been using the old "red" Hughes rockers on my stroker since '05.Zero issues.

got a set of crane ductile iron rockers i bought back in the 80s....still going..

If you buy Crane figure on replacing the adjustment screws and nuts. They will fail. The Cranes also seem to have more geometry issues than most. The Hughes and Mancini rockers are nice stuff for the money.

Harland sharp ......top shelf stuff !!!!

X2

I watched an episode of hot rod a long time ago and they did a comparison of roller rockers on a chevy 350. Harland sharp was dead on with their ratio's and seem to ride the middle of the valve stem the best. Ive been sold ever since then.

I agree with the fartory style iron arms. Unless you keep looking at them you never know when a bearing will fail and end up ruining your motor.Good ductile iron roller tips are for heavy valve spring tension to help prevent stem wear. Roller tips are just something else to fail. If you don't need them don't use them .

For pictures they do look nice .All of those different colors they make them to lure you in works. Once you put your covers on they are gone from sight. Unless like some that have pics of there motors without covers placed under the hood.

Just got two Hughes built big blocks in the shop. Everything that was used in those motor was junk. and the machine work was just as bad. Indy isn't any better and I run an Indy top end. Stay with standard Iron for the street as stated by CB, good advise..

Adjustable iron arms like off a 273 engine.

-
Back