Good sources for sheet metal parts?

-

64Dart270

Space Cadet
Reaction score
I have a 64 Dart 270 with a busted drivers-side fender. It is beyond repair. Other than the front bumper (a casualty of the same collision) the car is solid and straight. That pesky fender is a hard one to find at a decent price. I had an opportunity to buy one from Texas acres for a very reasonable price but had to put the project on hold and passed on it. Not interested in marked-up Ebay parts. Some good Mopar junkyard links would be very helpful. The car is a good driver. Would like to cruise it a while before tearing it all apart. That fender just takes way too much from the appearance of the car. HELP PLEASE....

Hello and welcome.
Locally,Sun Valley pic a parts has dried up for older cars. They can be hit and miss.
Google, Memory Lane junkyard,they have a website. They are in Lomita. They use to be in Sun Valley but moved to lomita. They use to have all kinds of Early A's. They can be expensive, but give them a call.

Fall Fling at Woodley park is coming up. Great place to find parts. Stay tunned,youll hear about it.

On this site check the "parts cars section", "parts for sale section", and place an add in the "looking for parts" section.

Check out Craigslist. Mopar stuff comes up on there.

Yeah, Memory lane has a good selection. Unfortunately, they are a bit pricey. May roll down there this weekend but hoping to find a good deal.

If it comes down to it, yes. I've got a little time to shop around. I get lucky sometimes (no pun intended).

They've got what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, they want $500 for a fender w/bucket. That's a tad too steep for me. I'm thinking $250-300 if I'm patient. Search is still on.

Your lucky they even call you back. I contacted them on 2 occasions looking for parts, told me they had em. Never did call me back, found them elsewhere.

No laughing but I tried calling the Desert Car King guys for parts also. What a waste of time. They wanted outrageous amounts of money for a driver passenger lower quarter and drivers front floor pan. Somewhere in the neighbourhood of 1200 as I recall.

This is the before and after resolution to this post. Thanks Again to Johnny Dart for connecting me with a good fender and bumper at a very fair price. Sorry it took so long to post pics. Been too busy with my hands under the hood to sit and re-size pics but, here they are.

Attachments

• Dartsmall4.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 127
  • dartsmall5.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 120
-
Back