Good Women and Old Mopars..........

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Isn't it funny how we can fall in love with what we see? But sometimes it's what we can't see...... Ever buy a car sight unseen?? We'll, I try not to make a practice of it, but I have at least 3 times, maybe 4? Just not my style..... usually. LOL However, I'm STILL trying to build a garage...... LOL :D :D Heads right now in the corner of our living room - some assembled, some still in process. Patience dear, Patience.... Wait, after 26 years, she knows our adventures and endeavors are just a part of being married to man that cannot be rescued from old rusty metal! LOL :D

ANYONE ELSE ???

I have bought a few sight unseen, also try not to make it a habit, but have been fortunate thus far. My wife is very supportive, but I also respect her wishes and don't allow the yard to "look like a junkyard", as she calls it. I try to keep parts confined to the garage area, some things end up in the basement, but only temporarily, like my new tti headers that I bought for my car, in the box still, unopened, in the basement until I get the engine reassembled and installed. She knows that I keep my word on such things, and she is also very willing to accompany me on trips to the wrecking yard when I go in search of parts. We just returned home on Thursday afternoon from a 5 day road trip that saw several stops at wrecking yards along the way. I found a few of the parts I need, but not everything. Of course I also accompany her to the numerous thrift shops and garage sales that she enjoys looking through for items that she can refurbish and sell.

Ditto, BUT, with a slight curving twist. Check this out.
One quick story, of many that could be told, this is one of the most recent ones.

After my mother in law past, God. Less here soul, awesome mom in law, my wife received an inheritance. I stumbled across a local FABO member and visited him at his house to try and help him out.

I see his car and say, “If ever the day comes where this car goes up for sale, all me first.”

And so the day comes. I ask my Hunny Bunny for 13K, to get the car so I can finish it and flip it. Without batting an eye, she gives me the money, pauses and says, “Are you sure?” I laugh and tell her it’s a slam dunk.

I was wrong.... I got the car home and she tells me it’s not gonna sell. I gave a true belly rolling LOL! Asked why! Her response,

“The car is outrageous and beautiful, it’s time Ma’ma had a Hot Rod again! Build me a 360 hunny! “

So with the car basically done minus the drivetrain, I went to work building on it. Below, how I got it, then almost done. Stock hood was used and paint matched.

Now the sweety is ripping up the roads.

DECB508C-22D9-4230-8157-E8A2BEA34059.jpeg
70F985C0-B364-404D-A4AD-F3951F8131DA.jpeg

Isn't it funny how we can fall in love with what we see? But sometimes it's what we can't see...... Ever buy a car sight unseen?? We'll, I try not to make a practice of it, but I have at least 3 times, maybe 4? Just not my style..... usually. LOL However, I'm STILL trying to build a garage...... LOL :D :D Heads right now in the corner of our living room - some assembled, some still in process. Patience dear, Patience.... Wait, after 26 years, she knows our adventures and endeavors are just a part of being married to man that cannot be rescued from old rusty metal! LOL :D

ANYONE ELSE ???

My wife wishes that I had not sold the '70 Dart, it was her favorite color, and she enjoyed riding in it, even drove it once or twice.

I also respect her wishes and don't allow the yard to "look like a junkyard". I try to keep parts confined to the garage area. She knows that I keep my word on such things.
Ewwww…… brother, you just slapped my face!!!!! LOL... :D My yard is a junkyard.... as seen in post 1 !!!! LOL

I met the mrs 10 years prior and we ran into each other for work 3 years ago. She was married with 2 kids so I wrote her off.
I was tearing up the roads in my 67 dart in primer while I saved the cash for paint. I had the 340 stroked to 418 and w2 heads.
She got a divorce and we ended up getting together but I think she liked the dart more. She helped finance the paint job for the dart.
Then one day as the dart is in paint shop jail I come home and tell her about a 1930 model A body at a neighbour's house that I was a bit interested in. She was unsure but come to look with me. I told her my plans or thoughts for the build. Still unsure she loaned me some spare cash.
I got it into my shop and started thrashing on a 32 frame for it and assembling the body together. She now claims that it is her wedding ring. She has a paint color picked out and we had to get a 401 nailhead for it, but her main criteria is it had to have a manual trans. So the spare a833 is now in use with my spare 8 3/4 and center chunk. :-D

I drug home a 96 dakota and she hates that truck because the attention snuck in on her ring territory, but she likes to see me busy in the shop rather then out and about.

Attention has returned back to the model A now because our town just had a back to the future themed event. The whole town was 1955 which was cool! So the excitement has risen in me to get the model A further along.
So she has been trying to find swap meets to get more parts for the model A since it's in focus with me right now :-D

Have I bought cars unseen......I have bought a group of cars unseen. I was fortunate to have had connections to 2 separate salvage yards going under. I never inspected the cars when i had a list of cars and they came as was, where was.

Made the deal and start hauling one at a time.

As far as a significant other....... no room in my bedroom, I have my four speeds under the bed and my rally dash clusters, and other choice parts taking the space.

Have I bought cars unseen......I have bought a group of cars unseen. I was fortunate to have had connections to 2 separate salvage yards going under. I never inspected the cars when i had a list of cars and they came as was, where was.

Made the deal and start hauling one at a time.

As far as a significant other....... no room in my bedroom, I have my four speeds under the bed and my rally dash clusters, and other choice parts taking the space.
Sounds like together we could build a car and not leave the house! LOL

I have parts stashed around the house, a duel snorkel scoop leaning against the wall in the bedroom, a go wing behind the bedroom door, twin scoops in the spare bedroom, 2 thermoquads, floor shift and linkage, tuff wheel and hood pin kits just to name a few, my wife complains some but she's pretty tolerant she knows it's my treasures.:)

Do You really wanna hear My stories?, naw didn't think so, hint, free 71 demon with an A body dana.

I Married my wife 26 years ago. Met her at a local eighth mile strip. A few years ago she bought her 70 Satellite off ebay. It had a good running 318, but she always wanted a Hemi. I stroked a 5.7 and put it in for her. Now she wants a bigger cam, It has a comp 268 hyd. roller, which is a little too mild. I need to rebuild the suspension this winter and install manual disc brakes. She column shifts a 904 with reverse manual valve body. She is a great cook too!
10885067_578428282289066_7384097909719789022_n.jpg

003 (2).JPG

006.JPG

-
Back