Goodbye to the pentastar !!!!!

-
Whatever keeps the lights on in the big house in Auburn HIlls is OK with me ... and it took FIAT to keep the lights ON... OR else no more MOPAR ... Hellcats.. challengers ...

They're just ANOTHER American sell-out!!!

Not for nothing, but minimum wage was $1/hr in 1967. That means working full time you'd make $320/mo gross. I'm just saying that a $100 car payment would be pretty steep IMO!

I might be out of whack but a 383 Road Runner probably wasn't considered anywhere near the balls to the wall car we were talking about :)

My buddy who is broke as a joke and trades upside down on cars every year or two just picked up one of those SRT Core Challenger things so I guess it's doable no matter what you earn. Of course I kill him with my little 2 liter turbocharged RSX so I can't say it was money well spent, and my Acura even heavily boosted will be running long after his Dodge is in a ditch somewhere...as long as I can get American cars from when they were real cars, I'm good and won't miss the pentastar on the Chrysleriats!

Well, maybe in your case they can replace it with a Bowtie. As for me I prefer the pentastar. Everybody is entitled to their opinion .

Not for nothing, but minimum wage was $1/hr in 1967. That means working full time you'd make $320/mo gross. I'm just saying that a $100 car payment would be pretty steep IMO!

I might be out of whack but a 383 Road Runner probably wasn't considered anywhere near the balls to the wall car we were talking about :)

My buddy who is broke as a joke and trades upside down on cars every year or two just picked up one of those SRT Core Challenger things so I guess it's doable no matter what you earn. Of course I kill him with my little 2 liter turbocharged RSX so I can't say it was money well spent, and my Acura even heavily boosted will be running long after his Dodge is in a ditch somewhere...as long as I can get American cars from when they were real cars, I'm good and won't miss the pentastar on the Chrysleriats!

Make it even and turbo charge the challenger and you wouldn't be bragging. Make the acura naturally aspirated like the srt challenger and you wouldn't stand a chance. Anythig can go fast with enough **** thrown on them. That 4 banger will not last boosted like you say..

Make it even and turbo charge the challenger and you wouldn't be bragging. Make the acura naturally aspirated like the srt challenger and you wouldn't stand a chance. Anythig can go fast with enough **** thrown on them. That 4 banger will not last boosted like you say..

I've been running turbo Hondas as daily drivers long enough to know how long they last, don't you worry about that :)

Now if you want to pay 35k (or is it 45k?) for the heaviest, least reliable, worst handling late model "muscle car", and then pay the thousands for turbo parts (probably close to if not more than double for that car), and fabricate everything yourself, go for it. I will think it's cool for sure especially if you can do it without a stand alone EMS. Personally I have no interest in doing it. All I've seen from late model Hemis are difficulties tuning with high output especially with forced induction. Getting mad about me driving a non Mopar that is faster, more reliable and gets over 30mpg is a little off topic though and brand loyalty is really pointless. I spent far less to get exactly what I want rather than the base price of a SRT Challenger, and I am one happy camper.

I'm not here to insult you or argue, as someone else said everybody is entitled to their opinion. Like I said, I don't care about the Pentastar or anything made by Dodge for a long time now. For those that do, sorry for your loss!

I do have to add, in what world is 2.0 liters vs 6.4 even? I'm not allowed a little turbo to catch up? I still can't compete in the torque department but then again I don't need as much of it in the smaller car.

I'm not brand loyal, don't misconstrue that.. lol I like any car that gets my attention. I have seen many of Honda 4 bangers blow up from boost. Hell my buddy blew two acura motors in the same year. non turbo. I just sold my 73 Camaro not that long ago. and a 69 mustang grande. My wife has a 13 Hemi 300c and and I have an 09 Hemi Ram. Just worked out that way. Love both of them. My ram has close too 100,000 trouble free miles. The challenger is heavy no doubt about it. Its more of a car and that's the reason its more expensive.

I'm not brand loyal, don't misconstrue that.. lol I like any car that gets my attention. I have seen many of Honda 4 bangers blow up from boost. Hell my buddy blew two acura motors in the same year. non turbo. I just sold my 73 Camaro not that long ago. and a 69 mustang grande. My wife has a 13 Hemi 300c and and I have an 09 Hemi Ram. Just worked out that way. Love both of them. My ram has close too 100,000 trouble free miles. The challenger is heavy no doubt about it. Its more of a car and that's the reason its more expensive.

If your guy is blowing up NA Honda engines, he might need to find a new tuner! I've run them turbocharged for many years without issue. Glad to know you're not living the hard core Mopar or no car though. I've owned all kinds of makes also, I do what I like. You'll never catch me building a Honda based drag car, but I love driving them every day. I'll admit, one of the reasons I like them is beating more expensive cars and the owner's reactions. I ran a G37 for a while, which was well worth the money IMO as opposed to a Challenger, but I didn't get that underdog satisfaction like I do in a Honda (or Acura, same thing).

-
Back