Goodbye to the pentastar !!!!!

-

rustytoolss

Reaction score
I was looking at one of the mopar magazines today at a local store (not sure which magazine it was), anyway there was a small article saying that October 17,2014 Fiat which is the major control of Chrysler. Is removing the use of the Chrysler Pentastar logo. I guess they are in the drivers seat. It's sad to loose the pentastar.....But at least Chrysler still lives on...for now.

Really is sad, but the world keeps on turning. Makes me appreciate my old mopar that much more, that era is over.

It happens, I'm just curious has to what took them so long.

The pentastar along with making "real" Mopars died years ago...

I remember when Fiat was a piece of **** back in the late 70's Early 80"s. I admit that 500 looks "cute" for a chick to drive. But I wouldn't buy one, you know its a foreign throw away just like back in the day when the Fiat spider **** thing was on the road. Sorry I am just bitter, its a changing world and I don't like it...

if figure one day the Ram will be all that's left of Mopar. the MODERN challenger will be a collector item with NO parts available!???

one reason I never gave up my love of quarter horses. I love the good ones, they do die or wear out. I raise more good ones.... O K so I have to climb up on the fence to climb up into the saddle, but I still climb!? LOL

I'm probably in the minority but there's nothing Dodge has made in the last 30 or so years that I would buy anyway.

Why would they do it? The emblem doesn't stop anybody from buying the car, and for the nostalgic people, it means something. Nothing to gain from ditching it, but maybe a few to loose.....

people ( me included) buy dodge trucks for the cummins, take that away and they have less reputation and credibility. this 95 truck of mine is the NEWEST vehicle I have and the only one bought new in last 35 years !@ LOL

ya can buy the little plastic pentastars (repops) for $ 9.95 plus postage!! LOL

MOPAR is dead....

[ame]http://youtu.be/maD5k-vUI4o[/ame]

if figure one day the Ram will be all that's left of Mopar. the MODERN challenger will be a collector item with NO parts available!???

one reason I never gave up my love of quarter horses. I love the good ones, they do die or wear out. I raise more good ones.... O K so I have to climb up on the fence to climb up into the saddle, but I still climb!? LOL

I think the problem with the modern Challenger, as well as Camaro, and any HiPo Mustangs is that the average working man cant afford them. that wasn't the case in the seventies, I don't think... I am not talking about the six cylinder "cheap" model either I mean the balls to the wall performance version of the aforementioned vehicles...

I think the problem with the modern Challenger, as well as Camaro, and any HiPo Mustangs is that the average working man cant afford them. that wasn't the case in the seventies, I don't think... I am not talking about the six cylinder "cheap" model either I mean the balls to the wall performance version of the aforementioned vehicles...

If you look back, I doubt the average working man typically owned a balls to the wall model then either. Pretty sure the base V8 cars are priced according to inflation. If you think, how many say 440 or 426 cars were made compared to 340 cars, then compared to how many were 383 or 273/318 or six...I'd bet it all lines up about the same.

Looks at that Hellcat. Who the **** is going to pay that much for a Dodge?! Same thing with the Shelby. It costs WHAT to drive what's still just a Mustang? I'd take an XKR, GT-R, or anything else first, if I had the desire to spend that money on a new car.

Whatever keeps the lights on in the big house in Auburn HIlls is OK with me ... and it took FIAT to keep the lights ON... OR else no more MOPAR ... Hellcats.. challengers ...

If you look back, I doubt the average working man typically owned a balls to the wall model then either. Pretty sure the base V8 cars are priced according to inflation. If you think, how many say 440 or 426 cars were made compared to 340 cars, then compared to how many were 383 or 273/318 or six...I'd bet it all lines up about the same.

Looks at that Hellcat. Who the **** is going to pay that much for a Dodge?! Same thing with the Shelby. It costs WHAT to drive what's still just a Mustang? I'd take an XKR, GT-R, or anything else first, if I had the desire to spend that money on a new car.

most people back in that day were NOT into high performance cars..... BUT look how many 383 '69 roadrunners were made ( what like 85,000 !), not to mention superbees that year. affordable EVEN by the high school kid working after school job. mom might had to help with insurance???

not that many people back then even wanted the hemi back then, nor the extra costs or ins deal....

fast forward to present..... for a person to afford say a $35,000 car today..... he better be knocking down one really good salary!????
give me the 60's back.... WAYYYYYYY better than today ,,, JMHO

You are correct Barbee. I remember $150 a year for insurance. Today I pay $1900. People dont realized the frog is being boiled.

I bought my 67 GTS brand new in May 1967 for $2800.00 with 383/727. Payments were $101.00 for 36 months.

most people back in that day were NOT into high performance cars..... BUT look how many 383 '69 roadrunners were made ( what like 85,000 !), not to mention superbees that year. affordable EVEN by the high school kid working after school job. mom might had to help with insurance???

not that many people back then even wanted the hemi back then, nor the extra costs or ins deal....

fast forward to present..... for a person to afford say a $35,000 car today..... he better be knocking down one really good salary!????
give me the 60's back.... WAYYYYYYY better than today ,,, JMHO

Not for nothing, but minimum wage was $1/hr in 1967. That means working full time you'd make $320/mo gross. I'm just saying that a $100 car payment would be pretty steep IMO!

I might be out of whack but a 383 Road Runner probably wasn't considered anywhere near the balls to the wall car we were talking about :)

My buddy who is broke as a joke and trades upside down on cars every year or two just picked up one of those SRT Core Challenger things so I guess it's doable no matter what you earn. Of course I kill him with my little 2 liter turbocharged RSX so I can't say it was money well spent, and my Acura even heavily boosted will be running long after his Dodge is in a ditch somewhere...as long as I can get American cars from when they were real cars, I'm good and won't miss the pentastar on the Chrysleriats!

-
Back