Gorillas Don't Eat Meat

-
Back in the day, Ken Norton Sr. tried a vegetarian diet. He was in superior condition, strong and ripped to shreds, taking on guys like Ali, Frazier, and Foreman. He noticed a difference and went back to meat.

Then there was this guy
https://www.elitereaders.com/man-climbed-mt-everest-alone-goran-kropp/
What the article didn't mention is that he was eating freeze-dried food and became emaciated. It took weeks of rest and lots of yak milk/meat to bring him back. He had planned to canoe the Atlantic before he died.

I believe you need tons of animal fat and protein when under heavy physical stress.

why stop the comparison at their diet?
gorillas also don't build sky scrapers or 700 plus HP cars under factory warranty

they also don't plant flags on the moon

you know who does?

us, meat eaters

There is a very real difference between animal and plant proteins. Plant proteins do not have as many of the amino acids that animal proteins do and so for those saying "protein is protein" you're only partially correct. To get the same mix of amino acids from plant protein, you'd need a very specific diet. Animal proteins are "complete" proteins which means they contain all 20 amino acids whereas plants do not.

Meat wins... pass the bacon...

^no doubt, and the 7 essential amino acids (the ones we can't make and must ingest) are a problem with plant protein.

quick, name me a vegetarian World's Strongest Man :)

When I was diagnosed with AIH, I told the doctor I had quit meat. He raised his voice and said 'This is no time to become a vegetarian! You need lots of lean meat to help your body heal.' I've noticed I do best on a low-salt meat and vegetable diet.

I guess no one has looked up the documentary i mentioned in my first post on Netflix "Game Changers" which portrays first place winners in every field of sports from race car driving to world's strongest man. Don't get me wrong, I am not vegetarian but the other side of the coin was interesting to consider.

Documentaries are only as accurate as the people making them. The facts are what they are. Meat has ALL of the amino acids, essential and non-essential. Can you get them all from plants, yes, but as I said, you have to eat a very specific diet. even soy is missing two of the 20 aminos needed to be a complete protein. The biggest problem meat is how it's processed.

By the way, Brian Shaw, who is the current strongest man, is not even close to being e vegetarian.

Strongest Man in History Stars Brian Shaw and Eddie Hall's Diet

Strongest man I suppose can be defined and awarded a number of different ways.

Sure, one way is "Current"... you can also look and see that video is from 2012, when his diet was completely different .. because he was competing ..... He more recently went on a ketogenic diet to go from 177Kg to 155Kg.... not exactly the vegan you're making him out to be.

Last edited:
Not sure about building muscle mass, but damn it tastes good!

20191128_085650_resized.jpg
20191128_092006_resized.jpg

20191129_122755_resized.jpg
20191129_131054.jpg

Last edited:
There are about 20 essential proteins and amino acids that are not found anywhere else than meat. F grass, this cat wants meat!

Pandas don't eat meat, they are still omnivores, for some reason they evolved away from meat even though their anatomy is still all omnivore.

The fact that gorillas don't eat meat doesn't mean anything.

Alan

Strongest man I suppose can be defined and awarded a number of different ways.

Notice he is standing almost upright when the last tire leaves the floor. Still, quite a show of strength. He will probably suffer with back and joint pain later on in life.

-
Back