Got a HOLLEY problim

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
This is a first for me, see in the pick were that golf T is well with it plug that way it idles fine but unplug it idles up to the point it wont idles down.There is a vacume leak with it out.Whats odd after the rebuild I never notice it,I found this after the seconders were flooding a bit there was clear smoke coming out of that hole,i fix the rear float adjustment no smoke.but i have TO leave that golf T there whats up.this is a 750.

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 231
  • 014.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 241
  • 015.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 227
  • 016.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 220
  • 017.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 220
  • 018.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 246
i just stuck a screw in one of my 750's

1458B3F7-D57D-48AC-ABBB-8DE41F65253A-2977-000003462A9E2CE9_zps755757f4.jpg

why not tread the hole and put a screw in it.. or just keep the golf tee in it..:) anything to plug th evap leak.

Why doesn't that carburetor have a choke? Kinda crazy that it doesn't since you live in Canada. Even a manual choke would block that hole off, plus, then you'd have a choke.

I've used RTV in lots of "fuel situations." You do need to give it adequate drying time, 48 hrs if possible.

"In a previous life" I punched a hole in the side of the tank on my 70 440-6 car. Big Rock. We nursed it to the shop, jacked it up to get the fuel "to the other side" and slathered it with RTV, left it overnight. That was about 1972 and it was on the car when I sold it about 1977 or so.

Well I put a little rtv and a self taping screw in it.

Let it set for a couple of days, you should be ok.
Not much a fan of RTV around gas, but you are on the air side.
Just check it for a leak next time you start it up... I bet you are good to go.

Why doesn't that carburetor have a choke? Kinda crazy that it doesn't since you live in Canada. Even a manual choke would block that hole off, plus, then you'd have a choke.

Na no need for a choke I only start it up in warm tempssssssssssssssss

I've used RTV in lots of "fuel situations." You do need to give it adequate drying time, 48 hrs if possible.

"In a previous life" I punched a hole in the side of the tank on my 70 440-6 car. Big Rock. We nursed it to the shop, jacked it up to get the fuel "to the other side" and slathered it with RTV, left it overnight. That was about 1972 and it was on the car when I sold it about 1977 or so.
sweet story.

-
Back