got a home remedy for ringing ears?

-
As well as the ringing I hear a constant back ground noise, thanks to mental health troubles. Often times I hear a near non-stop whisper in the back ground. When the ringing kicks in I get a splitting headache just above my left eye, often followed by spots. Thanks for bringing this up Dave, I will talk to my doc about it next time I see him....

I've had ringing in my ears for some time too,I just don't bother answering,it's always a wrong number anyway !!:D

I have been hoping that the ringing was from when my Ex beat me in the head with a phone......wishful thinking......

I've had it for years too (when a compressor building says 'hearing protection required, it's true lol).
It used to be that I could plug my nose and blow to pop my ears (can't remember the name of that maneuver, but it does have one) and it would stop, but not any more (although there are times when it's really bad and that will lessen it).

I've had it for years too (when a compressor building says 'hearing protection required, it's true lol).
It used to be that I could plug my nose and blow to pop my ears (can't remember the name of that maneuver, but it does have one) and it would stop, but not any more (although there are times when it's really bad and that will lessen it).

equalizing.

Had the same problem for 4 years now. started by using a pneumatic hammer without protection, knew better but only was going to take a second. when ringing didn't stop went to hearing doctor and after many tests she asked "what have you been doing for the last 30 years?" (working on locomotives) Hearing protection has been around for many years but not promoted strongly until the 80's. not sure if the ringing is getting better or i'm just getting used to it. I agree that we will be surrounded by an entire generation of deaf people because of kids blasting their ipods with earphones. they have no idea the damage they're doing to their ears and don't want to listen either.

I have had it for better than a decade and it's got worse. I can only sleep with a fan on.

No such thing in the 70'es, My doctors have said the same , Nothing to help it ...
But I did learn this while I was at Tony Field's house, buy a small fan and let it run while you are sleeping, it does wonders :cheers: Thank you Tony :coffee2:
Hey Memike, I have been working in noisy machine shops since I was 18 years old and have the ringing in my ears also. I use a sound machine and use the "white noise" setting since I don't always want a fan blowing on me.

Wow this thread makes me want to wear ear protection all the time now... I go to a concert every 1-2 weeks and if it's really loud I pop in ear plugs. I don't really listen to music with headphones but if I do I try to use the big ones that cover the outside of your ears. If I got chronic ringing in my ears that couldn't be helped I would have a tough time keeping from killing myself; seriously you sufferers have some patience to be able to put up with that.

I was born with a hearing loss, I been wearing hearing aids since kindergarten. There is no cure for the ringing. There are a few things that can aggravate the condition - allergies and some medications are known to cause tinnitus irritation.
My 2 cents,
Andy

To many years driving firetrucks with sirens blasting has left me with constant loud ringing. I have to have outside noise going on to keep my mind off the ringing. it's been like 28 years now.

-
Back