Got a New a100 pick up today!

-

nwdart

Reaction score
Dad's best friend sold me his a100 today. It was to be the shop truck but never finished. Saw daylight for first time in 25 years today. Complete hand built frame 383 mid engine corvair van front suspension every body seam is welded and rear wheel wells are re radiused . Lots left to do but is there anything cooler than this!! Nwdart

Attachments

• image.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 363
Sold a lot of hard to find parts last few months to get the truck, it is still on the trailer right now and I am too tired to even go thru all the boxes that came with.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 342
Sold a lot of hard to find parts last few months to get the truck, it is still on the trailer right now and I am too tired to even go thru all the boxes that came with.

SWEET I like it!
Low and evil looking.

I'm getting my list ready so that after the dart is done I can get a a100 pickup. I'd like to use a dakota frame section k member setup so I can get it down in the weeds like yours is. My old knees(and other parts) just are not up to lifting them up to the original heights that the normal a100 has anymore.

The front frame has a 2 inch c notch and it came with a new set of front springs that are 1 1/2 taller than what is on there now. Gonna raise her up in the front to make her a functional driver and air bag it if needed. Rear of frame has a receiver hitch and suspension was built to tow ,can you imagine my race dart on the trailer behind this thing! He he he

Attachments

• image.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 210
That is too cool! An A100 has been on my bucket list of cars to build for far too long. Yours has a badass look to it, cant wait to see its progress. Please start a project thread on this to keep us in the loop.

Nice! And congrats! Good luck finding parts, though. I finally got my rat-rod A100 on the road & finding the things to make it complete is a PIA. I still need some stuff but the response are always good. One bit of advice---avoid the temptation to go big-block. I stuck a little 360 Magnum in mine & it does everything I need it to do for a shop truck. Braking could be better, though. I'm still trying to find a good front disc set-up.......

Coolness factor

CoolnessMeter.jpg

Truck has a hp383 in it with 50k on it now, but I have a 69 383 all done on the engine stand looking for a home .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 129
Awesome truck, My dream is to have a street legal Little red wagon clone Man that would be the S##T.

-
Back