Got an unusual sandwich combo?

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Woke up this morning craving a sandwich combo I used to make as a kid. I haven't made one in years so we'll see at lunchtime if it still tastes as good as it used to.
Do you have an unusual sandwich combo you just have to make every so often? Post your combo.

Mine?
Peanut butter and Fritos on good seeded wheat bread.

Last edited:
Pink salmon and tasty cheese.

Marmite and lettuce.

Spinitch, egg and mushrooms on toast , yummm with a splash of hot sauce

I used to LOVE a Wendy's double with cheese.....and their chili sauce.

I can't stand them since they changed the burgers a few years ago.

Culver's is pretty close to the way Wendy's used to be, with some crispy bits o' beef hanging off the sides of the patty.

Just gotta go load up on Wendy's sauce and take some there.

Grandpa used to make a sandwich of aged white cheddar cheese—just sliced, not melted—and good quality peanut butter (the kind that contains peanuts and nothing else).

He was right; that's a good sandwich.

Peanut butter and sweet pickle on wheat.

Pink salmon and tasty cheese.

Marmite and lettuce.

I had to look up 'Marmite' to see what it is...

The difference between Marmite and Vegemite - We've got the answers!

I tried vegemite once when we had friends visit from Oz. I'll keep my opinion to myself, but I didn't understand how they raved about vegemite but thought peanut butter was terrible.
Another friend from down under has visited several times and he must have an "American palate" because he can't stand vegemite but loves peanut butter.

Grandpa used to make a sandwich of aged white cheddar cheese—just sliced, not melted—and good quality peanut butter (the kind that contains peanuts and nothing else).

He was right; that's a good sandwich.
you beat me to it, i LOVE that sandwich
but it has to be good cheese, my go to is Gouda, the real Dutch kind

shoot, sometimes ill take a slice of that cheese, put a spoon of peanut butter on it, fold it over and eat it just like that

my brother and sister eat kraft salad dressing with potato chips and i will sometimes eat campbells chicken noodle soup noodles on bread for the famous "SOUP SANDWICH". (nobody ever said i was right in the head)

Whenever I throw Tri Tips on the fire they are joined by a variety of peppers, onions, and French rolls with the hope that there are leftovers for the sandwiches at a later time. Add some good salsa or some smokin' hot mustard at your pleasure.

Peanut butter, banana and mayonnaise.

A guy I worked with used to eat baked beans and mayonnaise sandwhich's I never tried it Doesn't even sound good

Peanut butter, banana and mayonnaise.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO…

Why in the WORLD add the MAYO????? I don’t mind mayo but no way with PB and banana.

That made my stomach hurt worse than it already did.

I tried vegemite once when we had friends visit from Oz. I'll keep my opinion to myself, but I didn't understand how they raved about vegemite but thought peanut butter was terrible.
Very simple: Vegemite is the Australian national practical joke on the rest of the world.

Peanut butter and maple syrup from elementary school. Haven’t made one in a long time. But I’m going to now.

When I was a kid loved mayo and sardines, now i can't stomach the smell of sardines.

Mom used to send us to school with peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwiches. I need to make one for the grandkids

-
Back