Got bored with the yellow duster and did this.

-

gearjammer340

Reaction score
Got bored with our yellow duster (pretty mellow 440 low 12s) and the motor out of our 67gt (11-1,performer rpms,big cam, ran a few high 10s on pump gas) was minding its own business(but sitting on an engine stand) and I was bored and nobody was around so....
see ya!
1220091402.jpg

still contemplating weather or not this is such a good idea
1221091501.jpg

screw it
1221091536.jpg

hood on engine front dress on plenty of room
1221091541.jpg

almost bolted up will have it running tomorrow
1221091556.jpg

more pics to come.
Jr.

Wow wish i had a big block lying around, and had the time to put it in my duster lol

btw good luck with the project

Looking good. What rockers are you running? I have debated on a big block, but I am compromising with a stroked small block. You have to post a video of it running.

That's an old set of crane rockers I'm pretty sure that we got with a set of stage 6s we bought from a friend a while ago. And yea, I'm gonna really try to get some video of it, should be pretty entertaining has a 3800 converter behind it with a full manual 727 and the car has 3.91s right now but the setup really likes 4.30s, it'll zing, It's got good pistons,h-beams and a steel crank and the bottom end is studded, heads r ported.

73golddusterkid' we've been doing this for a long time so we've accumilated parts over yrs, isnt like we bought everything at once,you'll get there.

badart, I wouldnt call a stroker smallblock a compromise ,theres many out there that are faster than our stuff, but this 440 really likes to rpm, hauls pretty good for a pump gas engine,it's fun to drive. sounds pretty ridiculous with the 3in pipes,x-pipe and hooker mufflers dumped, cam is over 255@ 050 on a 106ls, it's pretty snotty. Ive got a sb in the duster I'm building for myself and a 340 block and all the guts I'm trying to figure out what I want to do because I just made another deal on a motor 383,fresh w/906s and a 268 extreme energy cam and I put it together and driven it so I know it runs ok,but whatever I put in it will be followed by a 4spd.
Heres the 383 I just picked up:
1204091858.jpg

Anyways I have to get back in the garage and button up the duster if I want to drive this thing today.
Later
Jr.

Well I shouldn't be suprised about this.
I would not have more suprised if JR!!!! would have taken the engine out of the race car and installed it in the Duster.

IMGP0831.jpg

The thought crossed my mind lol,but the gt motor was allready out and on the engine stand. Both my little brothers and I have pondered the possibilities of doing that very thing lol.
Jr.

wow, your first pics almost look identical to my pics of my duster at the same stage.

Phil

Soon I'm sure he's going to tell you about going to get gas.

That oil pan fits great,Ive had it in two cars and it drops right in clears the steering linkage great. We have one from a different company in our race car(68 dart post 500 cu in,12-1 b motor but it's motorplated and the motor is lowered and about against the firewall) that we had to build steering limiters for(not much prob had to take away 3/8 on the end of each side of the travel,you dont notice it and we had to graft a new piece on the oil pan for clearance. I dont remember what brand but the next time I have the car our I'll post it.
Mrtires24, that's funny, this is probably the 6th time this yr I've changed motors in this duster, it's seen 5 440s and a 383. Its gotten to the point on the duster where we have a different exhaust system for the B and RB both with X-pipes. These cars keep me pretty busy.
Anyways, the motor is in the duster,tranny is bolted up,motor mounts are tight, converter is bolted up,headers too,I had to switch front accecories because the dart gt has electric everything up front(waterpump/fan) and the duster is set up to run everything manual but thats allready done too. It's probably 2-3 hrs from starting/driving tops. Still have to install the radiator,exhaust system,put the intake on. I doubt we'll be able to run an aircleaner with the single plane m-1,nitrous plate and the little stub stack on it because all the duster has on it is the dual snorkel factory hood. When i had the one of our other 440s in it we could barely get the hood down with the stage 6s a performer rpm intake and carb with a plate under it its crazy because with iron heads and the same intake(rpm) we could get an aircleaner on it. I'll have the car running tomorrow and I'll take my lil bros girlfriend with me or I'll follow my dad in my car and get some video for you guys,I dont know anything about getting videos from the video camera to the net, if it doesnt have pistons and a carb I'm kinda lost lol.
Merry Christmas guys,
Jr.

Thats my dad and little brothers right after my little brother blew the lid off of our grill after he dumped half a bottle of charcoal lighter fluid on the grill and lit it through a vent with the lid on I dont think the lid has landed yet. Lucky he didnt kill himself lol.
Jr.

Disturbing my ***.
The crew doesn't make the same mistake twice.
Well they do seem to have a problem with spark plug wires.

The pay off is they get to drive all of the cars,even the 9 sec womanator.
One of the boys Has gotten his licence out of the deal.
The other 2 will get there's next year.

It's amazes me how few people want to drive a wheels up transbrake car.

68dartpic.jpg

This is what it looks like when you make a pinks field and you bend 3 pushrods and push a pushrod threw a lifterand have to replace it you have 75 minutes to the call to the line and you have to go to the drivers meeting while you car isn't done.

PIC_0040.jpg

Are crew works well together.

gearjammer340 & womenator are family? Bro's or Dad and sons?

Looks like fun dudes. That PINKS deal was great here in N.J. when it came to town. Lotsa FABO guys showed up.

-
Back