Got my 340 back from the shop!!!

-

68gtxman

I used to reMember
Reaction score
After two years and five months, my 340 engine is back from the machine shop - hooray!!!:blob:

Though I said that I didn't need it completed right away, I didn't think it would take anyway near two years plus to get it back.

Now comes the fun part of assembly. Stay tuned.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 434
X Heads...with exhaust seats, guides, dual springs and some mild blending.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 400
Nice! It feels really good when it's bolted back together and running.

I've learned that one thing you never tell a machine shop is "take your time, I don't need it right away." Seems like they all kinda 'take their time.' Glad you got it back. Now it's time to get to work!

Awesome, now the real fun begins. What crank are you running?

I've made that mistake as well saying 'I'm not in a real hurry' thinking it might save me a few bucks.

Awesome, now the real fun begins. What crank are you running?

I've made that mistake as well saying 'I'm not in a real hurry' thinking it might save me a few bucks.

I am using the stock crank. The shop cut and polished it .010" and sent it out to be balanced. Stock CI with .040" overbore will be just fine. Will be using new Keith Black hypereutectic Pistons and aluminum rods though. Keeping stock CR too.

Funny that one of the stock rods was trash before the factory originally installed it. It was a very bad casting. Must have been assembled on a "hangover Monday"! :eek:ops: I was going to use the stock rods until I found this out.

Yes never say "take your time, no hurry" LOL MT

I am using the stock crank. The shop cut and polished it .010" and sent it out to be balanced. Stock CI with .040" overbore will be just fine. Will be using new Keith Black hypereutectic Pistons and aluminum rods though. Keeping stock CR too.

Funny that one of the stock rods was trash before the factory originally installed it. It was a very bad casting. Must have been assembled on a "hangover Monday"! :eek:ops: I was going to use the stock rods until I found this out.

Why did you choose aluminum connecting rods. Heat cycles will not be friendly to them if you drive this on the street

Why did you choose aluminum connecting rods. Heat cycles will not be friendly to them if you drive this on the street

I only put 10,000 miles on my 1968 Plymouth with a 440 in 15 years. I may put more on the Cuda, but it won't be much more.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

2 years wtf!

Still do out side sales, for a local speed shop, he has the same problems ,with a high end shop. The work was tolerance correct( there's, a first lately..), still took two months. Good machinist's, are in deep demand.

-
Back