Got my Dougs Headers in!!

-
What size are the tubes on those?

1-5/8" primaries and 3" collectors, on the small side but better for fit and plenty of flow for most small-blocks out there. I think if you want bigger tubes you have to step up to TTIs or get some cheaper ones that drag the ground and don't fit well lol. I've been hoping to get a pair of these for years, just been waiting for an extra ~$600 to burn.

1-5/8" primaries and 3" collectors, on the small side but better for fit and plenty of flow for most small-blocks out there. I think if you want bigger tubes you have to step up to TTIs or get some cheaper ones that drag the ground and don't fit well lol. I've been hoping to get a pair of these for years, just been waiting for an extra ~$600 to burn.
Do you have any pictures of those?

I like the look of the Doug's headers, they appear that they should fit better than most on an A body. The Patriots I have seen appear to be designed differently.
They appear to be the style that the steering linkage passes thru.

Last edited:
IF you can still get 15-20% off through autozone, makes the Dougs a better deal.

Gone are the days of coated dougs for $420-450, 1K for tti. UGH

Sorry, I picked the wrong quote. I wanted to see your Hedman shorties

No prob, it's been about 10 years since I bought them but pretty sure these are the ones... Engine Performance & Vehicle Customizing Products From Hedman | Hedman Performance Group

Honestly it's tough to say how much of an improvement over iron manifolds these are and whether it's worth the hassle of fabbing custom downpipes. I actually bought them because one of the iron manifolds I intended to use at the time turned out to be cracked and I didn't want to use tiny restrictive 318 or 360 manifolds.

IF you can still get 15-20% off through autozone, makes the Dougs a better deal.

Gone are the days of coated dougs for $420-450, 1K for tti. UGH

I see posts about that AutoZone discount from time to time, how does that work? Do you have to be some kind of "member" or a part of some rewards program? TBH I never go to AutoZone lol it's always Advance or O'Reilly for me, or if I need something actual decent quality and can't wait to order online I'll go to NAPA.

No prob, it's been about 10 years since I bought them but pretty sure these are the ones... Engine Performance & Vehicle Customizing Products From Hedman | Hedman Performance Group

Honestly it's tough to say how much of an improvement over iron manifolds these are and whether it's worth the hassle of fabbing custom downpipes. I actually bought them because one of the iron manifolds I intended to use at the time turned out to be cracked and I didn't want to use tiny restrictive 318 or 360 manifolds.

Thank you, I am looking for an easy low cost option for my 1970 Duster 318.

Several times a year AutoZone would put a 25% sale on it's homepage banner .
I'm surprised it's not displayed now, except there doesn't seem to be many sales anywhere .
Free shipping made it a no-brainer .
Waiting for another set myself .

Last edited:
Several times a year AutoZone would put a 25% sale on it's homepage banner .
I'm surprised it's not displayed now, except there doesn't seem to be many sales anywhere .
Free shipping made it a no-brainer .
Waiting for another set myself .

I just checked the site, at least for me it says they're currently doing 15% off orders over $100 for online ship-to-home only, plus free next-day delivery...

There's also this nifty add-on for your web browser called Honey which checks online retail sites for active discount codes I'm gonna give that a shot tonight, might be ordering some headers here boys!!

autoZONE.JPG

Alright I'm looking at them now and am ready to pull the trigger, don't feel like spending the extra $200 on ceramic coating but for only $20 more I can get it with "high-temp black coating", I figure it's worth a shot for the price? What do you guys think?

If rust is your thing, skip the ceramic coating.

I live in a dry climate and the raw Hedmans on the car now have held up great for almost a decade. In fact the surface rust was so minimal that when I went to reinstall them on a new 360 3 years ago I just sprayed them with VHT header primer, and it's still holding up. I also tend to not drive the car much in rain or snow. Even the mild steel downpipes I fabbed and sprayed with VHT are still in great shape after 7 years and back then I did drive it in snow and rain.

Ceramic coating would be nice but $200 is hard to justify for "maybe they'll last 15 years instead of 10..."? I was ready to buy them raw tbh but saw how little extra cost the hi-temp black coating is... if it's really THAT necessary for full ceramic coating I'm gonna have to wait to buy these. And I've already been waiting 3 years lol.

Possible Boxing day Sale ?
Then the Ceramic would be free ?
jmo

I'm in the U.S., pretty sure that's a Canadian holiday we don't have that here?

I'm thinking REAL HARD about it now lol. With 15% discount the ceramic-coated doug's are $633 while the black-coated are $481... I can afford $633 but that's a lot of friggin money ugh

Thank-you, - I didn't know that !

I'm in the U.S., pretty sure that's a Canadian holiday we don't have that here?

I'm thinking REAL HARD about it now lol. With 15% discount the ceramic-coated doug's are $633 while the black-coated are $481... I can afford $633 but that's a lot of friggin money ugh

Thank-you, - I didn't know that !

Got curious and looked it up, seems like all the British Commonwealth nations as well as a few others celebrate it. But not 'Muricans lmao

I think I'll just bite the bullet and go ceramic. It'll be a while until I can install them so I'll leave them in the box and if I get in a financial bind for some reason I can just sell them for at least most of what I paid for. Maybe the same since I got them on sale heh

Alright they're purchased, got the ceramics, THEY BETTER BE WORTH IT... hahaha jk. Sorry to bomb your thread like this @ramcharger but you got me excited lol I had to finally do it.

$651.60 after tax, shipping was free with the discount code. Regular price is $750-800 in other places.
Did you buy them from Autozone, or did you have Summit price match? Some folks here have had issues with availability and delays order directly from Autozone.

Did you buy them from Autozone, or did you have Summit price match? Some folks here have had issues with availability and delays order directly from Autozone.

Ah bummer, I did buy them from Autozone. We'll see how it goes, they are being shipped 'directly from manufacturer'. I'm not in a hurry as I don't have plans to install these probably until Spring. But if I don't hear anything for a week or so I'll call and see what the deal is.

EDIT: I searched and found some threads where people had issues, looks like they were out of stock at the time and for some reason were charged before the headers were actually shipped. I paid online with my debit card and have been checking my bank account, no charges yet which my order said won't happen until the part is shipped. I'll still keep an eye on it and reach out if nothing happens soon.

Last edited:
-
Back