got my Grant wheel,but.........

-

DRENO

Reaction score
I received my Grant wheel from Jeg's.Fast delivery.When I was trying a few things out for fit the piece glued to the underside of the hornbutton came off.It was obviously glued there but I can't believe it came off so easily.Such a pain in the *** to send it back.Should I just try to glue it back on?Has anyone else run into this problem/has this type of wheel?What type of glue should I use.The button is plastic and the piece on the bottom is steel.Not too happy bout this.:angry7:

67 033f.jpg

tufff.jpg

67 033f.jpg

tufff.jpg

I'm not familiar with Grant but every aftermarket horn button I've ever seen was a piece of crap. I put about 8 hours in re engineering mine. 3 tiny plastic catches versus a steel spring ? LOL I could just imagine retreaving the button from the rear package shelf. Good luck with yours.

I'm not sure which Grant wheel you have, but I think on certain ones you can use a Mopar horn button. Maybe post a pic and someone will know.

I'm not familiar with Grant but every aftermarket horn button I've ever seen was a piece of crap. I put about 8 hours in re engineering mine. 3 tiny plastic catches versus a steel spring ? LOL I could just imagine retreaving the button from the rear package shelf. Good luck with yours.

Gee thanks Red,that's encouraging,j/k. I think I will be able to glue it back on some how.Sent a note off to Jeg's to see what their response would be.Waiting for reply. 8 hours,holy crap!:sign10:

I'd give jegs or grant a call. They might just send you the piece with no return.

I thought about calling Grant just for some suggestions on what type of glue to use.I didn't buy it from them so I thought the answer should come from Jeg's,we'll see.It bother's me some to see the way it was made.like Red said very poor construction.I mean to glue on a piece for a horn button?What do they think is going to happen when someone cuts you off,you hammer the button,it needs to be solid.

Go to a body shop and ask them to use some of the 3-m panel bond on it for you,it's expensive but holds awesome,ruff up the surface with some 40 grit,you could try some a-b epoxy also but the panel bond is awesome!

-
Back