Got some bad news at work today

-

dartcuda

Mopar Or No Car
Reaction score
Well with our declining economy we are now getting a 5% pay cut to try and help out our company. It is really getting bad with the fuel price as I work for a motorhome company and sells are way down. It sure is going to make it hard on me and allot of people there to make ends meet. And it really is going to put a strain on me getting my Dart done. Is any one else feeling it at their jobs?

That really sucks dartcuda. It's bad enough that prices are going up and it's getting harder to get by, now you have to take a pay cut.

Jack

Yeah it does make it harder for sure. But I feel lucky I am not one of the one who got layed off. They did a 8% cut about 1 1/2 months ago, and have been laying more off over the time.

I work for General Motors. Skilled trades. With the last contract we got we aren't getting any raises for 5 years. I know we're making good money, but over 5 years everything is going up and wages aren't keeping pace.

wel sory to hear all this,, but i sure hope some one figures this all out soon,,

peopel need to QUIT buying stuff from japan and china when possible,,

as for the motor home deal, i heard a conversation on satillite radio,,, lots of the RV companys in indiana are closing up,,then i went to charlotte fro a big auto thing and the camping dealer there had tons or RV,S...i hope he can find some oe nto buy um all,,,

dart cuda,, good luck,,,keep ur head on straight it will work out....

The economy has everyone wondering where they will be, it sucks to have to take a pay cut but you still have a job for now.

What do you biuld, friend has a Safari MH that was built out there somewhere.

I work for ACH (Ford) they are closing are plant in the future. I have been working 3~4 day a week for most of this year.

I will be having to transfer or take buyout in the near future.

Off last Friday, off tomorrow

Sold my house last year thinking I would be transfered to KY, that isn't going to happen. I could have signed up for Dearborn last week and would have gotten it and had to move next month, but have too much to do here to move that quick.

good luck and hope the economy picks up for all of us

Babtest Hospital bought out the hospital my wife works for
about two months ago.
and she got a pay cut too:mad:
Sorry to here your bad news dartcuda.

I havent had a raise in 3 years but hey at least i,m eating. Sometimes I entertain the thought of a p/t job at lowes or home depot for car money. I may need it to cruise the 500 cubic incher on weekends when its finished.

Being self employed I've been feelin' it too...jobs don't pay anymore then they did 5 years ago and the crane truck uses twice the dollars in fuel, comp insurance is up, liability insurance is up, taxes are up, license fees are up, rents are up, cost of goods is up...and so on...everything but my take home is up.

Feelin' it with ya...best of luck..

My hours have been cut to 32hrs and the future doesn't look good. I hope it turns around soon. If I'm still working in a couple of weeks , I'll be very surprised.

Thanks guys.... Yeah I do feel lucky I am still employed. We have been cutting back on how many coaches we build, they are now only building the ones that are sold, which isn't much for this time of the year. So most of the people are only working 3 days a week. Lucky for me I got out of that part and went to shipping and receiving. I work everyday and get some o/t too.

Memike, sorry to hear about your wife taking a pay cut too. It is getting tough for everyone.

Wildcat I work for Country Coach. I used to work for Safari before they went under and Monaco bought them in 2001.

I can see the writing on the wall and it don't look good. People aren't spending anymore money than they have to, just like us. It won't stop until we make the same wages as the folks over in china or mexico. Our political heads have it planned this way. They are selling us down the road in a hand basket. All plays into the "One World Government" scheme of things. What happen to dipping into the federal gas reserves to bring down the price like use to be done? Wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that George owns oil wells. hummmm!

I got layed off about a month ago from a job I work at for 10 years. I found another job, but I get payed almost half as much. I went from $20.00 an hour to $11.00.
On the up side, Im working 1st shift now and see my kids way more then i did before. I dont think Ill go back, even if they do ever come back around, Im loving this 1st shift. I will miss those 4 weeks vacation though.
My dart project would be slowed big time, but Im takin the dive and cashing out my 401k. Besides my car, I have a few other things I need to do around my house, and by cashing out my 401k my projects wont interfere with regular bills. My wife works in the medical field, so her job shouldnt be effected too much, if at all.

Yeah but Jim Howard is taking a 25% pay cut. Of course he probably makes $400,000 a year or more so he won't be switching to Top Ramen any time soon.

Redness, do you work out there too, or did you just see it on the news or in the paper. And you are right about that, but I still say that is part of the problem out there, The Howard's have a bad name in th motor home industry.

i just watched a show called auto line detroit,,pretty informative show that is on speed channel from time to time,,talking about the new UAW contract talk,,currently UAW auto workers get payed 26.00 an hour,, that doesnt count the benfits,,,the new UAW pay scale they are shooting for will be 14.00 an hour,, they said that would make it cheaper to build american cars here in the U.S. then in canada,,,they say it is already cheaper to build forien cars here then in germany and england,,,,,so forien car makers that are already building here in the U.S will start building here for the own markets in there own countries over seas,,,

No, I don't work out there. I saw the story on the news today. I did work at the Guaranty RV lot back in about 1997-8 when he worked at Guaranty before he left to start up Destination's RV, which went belly up. I wonder how Marathon and Beaver are being affected????

think i would have to ask if upper managment had a paycut, and or layoffs also..

i then would start looking for another job..

I am luckey that I am still working, but fewer hours every week. Unemployment is over 8% here. The fuel cost is really hurting me as I have to drive the Ram to work and I have to drive a lot.
On the up side, I heard that the top 15 hedge fund managers made 29 billion last year.
Our goverenment works aganist us and nothing will change

You people that think the government is controlling the economy need to pull your heads out and take an economics course. The government has very marginal influence on the economy in general, (prices, jobs, etc.) through Federal Reserve policy and governmnet contracting. It is all about supply and demand. If there is no demand for the skills or products you supply, then you go hungry. Sorry, just simple economics.

Maybe it feels better to blame the goverment, but that ain't gonna change anything. In all reality it is just deluding yourself into a clueless fantasy.

Jay worked at Safari too for awhile but they got rid of him pretty fast, And that Destination Rv screwed allot of people over when they went bankruped. As for Beaver, they are owned by Monaco and I hear thy are not doing too good either. Haven't been working Fridays for about 3 months now and are planning a lay off next month. And Marathon layed of 20 workers last week, the first time they have ever had to do that. It is just getting real bad as this is the time of the year when we pick up in business.
They have done some cuts in upper management, but not any of the 15 V.P. 's we have.

I hear you.When we had cut backs at work we lost 1 week vacation,our paid meal period ,paid sick time ,new policy(DON'T GET SICK)shift diff,
and work with alot less staff but have alot more work as I work with an airline.When I started you had 5 men to work a flight with average 68% load
now you have 3 men and 90+ load factor.
Just remember you work to live not live to work.

thanks
Glenn

You people that think the government is controlling the economy need to pull your heads out and take an economics course. The government has very marginal influence on the economy in general, (prices, jobs, etc.) through Federal Reserve policy and governmnet contracting. It is all about supply and demand. If there is no demand for the skills or products you supply, then you go hungry. Sorry, just simple economics.

Maybe it feels better to blame the goverment, but that ain't gonna change anything. In all reality it is just deluding yourself into a clueless fantasy.

That's not entirely true. Government is usually an obstacle to businesses operating efficiently and profitably by imposing asinine laws, rules, and regulations. The Government can also kill the upward business cycle by taxing the hell out of businesses. I'll agree that the Government cannot create jobs, in the private sector, but it certainly has the ability to impact businesses so that jobs are lost. Of course if you know this, then the likes of Hillary and Osama can't piss on your leg and call it rain. The Government that governs the least, governs best.

sorry to hear that man that is bad news. im pretty lucky i work for the state and i just got a new job with them as bridge repairer and it comes with a 4k a year raise

-
Back