Got some fatter tires for the front.

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
I thought I better get some fatter tires for the mountain cruise I was going on the next day.
Good move because I really needed all the traction I could get in those hairpin turns, and the extra 1.5 inches really made a difference.

Here's a pic a guy in the car club snapped while my buddy and I rolled into the overlook where we all met up, and other than a new Challenger and Charger we were the only two old Mopars there.

july3mountaincruise9.jpg

Lookin' good spaz. Those pizza cutters are not made for mountain roads, trust me. :thumblef:

Will you be running those full time now? I know the "pucker" factor can get very high with skinny fronts and a tight corner.

Still looks outstanding spaz!! :thumleft: now it will stop on wet roads and get a bite :toothy2:.

Good move. I live on a mountain road and will never run pizza cutters. 185 on a 5.5 rimis about as skinny as I will go.

Great looking car.
When buying wheels check their warranty for being bent out of true. Lots if not all of drag wheels state they are not for road racing, (centerline, is one I know for sure). One hot trip doing a mountain road of a hot auto-cross can give you a vibration from a bent front wheel. This is why when you see the old road racing cars you see minilites, panasport, and American racing wheels. .Think 60% to 70% of braking is done buy the front wheels. The more rubber on the road a safer ride.

Great looking car.
When buying wheels check their warranty for being bent out of true. Lots if not all of drag wheels state they are not for road racing, (centerline, is one I know for sure). One hot trip doing a mountain road of a hot auto-cross can give you a vibration from a bent front wheel. This is why when you see the old road racing cars you see minilites, panasport, and American racing wheels. .Think 60% to 70% of braking is done buy the front wheels. The more rubber on the road a safer ride.

Yeah, I did not try to set any land/speed records and just eased it through the apex of the turns without getting all Mario Andretti about it.

Oh, I guess I should have mentioned that.
I went from 165/R15's to 205/ 65/ 15.

The new tires are 1.5 inches wider and .08 inch shorter according to the salesman.

Can you fit a 215 or 225 in there?

Rob, I ran 215-70-15s and a 215-75-15 on the front of my 69

Spaz, looks great

Thanks Adam. I gotta go find that tire thread...... How big for the front do ya run? thread.

Your car looks great with those wider tires on the front. Then again your car always looks great 'spaz.

Your car looks great with those wider tires on the front. Then again your car always looks great 'spaz.

Thanks!

I always thought it would look dumb with wider tires since I was so used to the skinny's but now that I see how good it looks I am more and more entertaining the idea of wider, lower profile wheels/tires some day possibly on 17's.

I would also like to do a big brake system mod, even power brakes but I would have to run a vac pump for a booster since I don't have enough vacuum.

Thanks!

I always thought it would look dumb with wider tires since I was so used to the skinny's but now that I see how good it looks I am more and more entertaining the idea of wider, lower profile wheels/tires some day possibly on 17's.

I would also like to do a big brake system mod, even power brakes but I would have to run a vac pump for a booster since I don't have enough vacuum.

Spaz, the Cuda looks outstanding. The 205 is what i was running on my Duster. Jim, (62BT409) Is running a wider tire yet,,,,, I can't remember the size.... check out the pics in post # 147 here
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=88358&page=6

-
Back