Got some SBP Keystones - need lugs

-

timbolia

65Wagon
Reaction score
Hi, I was told I need a certain type of lug nut for the wheels I just bought. Do I need to get the Cragar made ones or is there another option? Also do I need the washer if these are not unilug?

Thanks

I thought Keystone made them but have never seen them. Got any photos?
Your car probably has left hand studs on the drivers side. Finding lug nuts for those wheels might be a hard thing to do and left hand thread nuts may be nearly impossible. You may have to change the left hand studs to right hand thread. Depending on the wheel, you need nuts with washers. I would look locally for a tire store or performance shop that sells custom wheels. They may have or can order the nuts and washers you need. I'm sure there are places online too. Remember, the stock thread size is 7/16" Good luck, toolmanmike
You will probably need lug nuts like these: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-27721-4/

Thanks for the info Mike. I will try to get pics of them tonight. So what are left hand threads, and how do I check that I have them?

The passenger side lug nuts loosen by turning them counter clockwise. (like normal) The drivers side lug nuts loosen by turning them clockwise. (backwards from normal) The factory did it this way for many years. If someone changed the studs and nuts to all right hand they will all be the same. (normal) Mike

-
Back