• drunk.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 193
  • images.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 178
  • imagesCA7T77Q6.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 186
keep us updated as to what it is

This is an actual movie cam so I should get a video. :happy1:

Didn't find any hair or scat anywhere. It's the south (warm) side of the house just a little east of my main livingroom window. Those "push" marks are very curiuos... I did see that it even moved a small rock about the size of a cigar butt out it's bed....

I hope this is something more exotic than a housecat.

BTW, no feral pigs out here.

thats a jackalope bed....no dought about it !

Attachments

• jackalope.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 154
I have a brother who lives on S. Hoyt Ct. close to Yale st by the Lakewood nursery. I've been going out there since the 70's when he first moved out there. He is close to Bear Creek itself and the reservoir. This elk was photo shot from the street in front of his house. No kidding. So big wild critters do get that far from the foothills. Just follow Bear Creek.

Attachments

• 2009 vacation part 6 010 mailer.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 136
yep...these damn things run rampid around here...

Thw Conneticut ones seem to have ours beat by pionts.

Could be a snipe. If you're lucky, you just may be the first one to ever get a photo of one!

Been hunting snipe for years, never had any luck.

I have a brother who lives on S. Hoyt Ct. close to Yale st by the Lakewood nursery. I've been going out there since the 70's when he first moved out there. He is close to Bear Creek itself and the reservoir. This elk was photo shot from the street in front of his house. No kidding. So big wild critters do get that far from the foothills. Just follow Bear Creek.

There's a creek just a block away from here. :)

wating lol

Me too, I hope it comes back tonight. :happy1:

yep...these jackalopes are everywhere around these parts.....there's only one way to catch them...you dig a hole, and fill the bottom with fireplace ashes, and throw in a few carrotts...then when the jackalope tries to get the carrott, you sneak up and kick it in the ashhole.

It's a Chupacabra!

Attachments

• snapshot_00B80001586C_20121221032523.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 118
OK, not really. Looks like this might be the suspect. I'd like to see it moving stuff around to make a bed though.

Attachments

• snapshot_00B80001586C_20121221032435.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 115
Just as I figured, a Chupacabra.

I have had one of those bastards sleeping on my porch rail for the last couple weeks...

Ma Snart

Attachments

• 5386425_f520.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 106
Quote "It's odd that I had a dream about a month ago that a wolf/husky was right under that exact window"

Man, have you been waking up in the morning with dust on your jamies? I think you been sleep walking and spending part of the night out under that bush...

Ma Snart

PS - I was finally able to catch and kill that damn Chupacabra on my porch. Ugly little bastards...

Attachments

• 2452475_f520.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 120
Just as I figured, a Chupacabra.

I have had one of those bastards sleeping on my porch rail for the last couple weeks...

Ma Snart

:D

I was thinkin that but then figured it wasnt one. You gonna release your inner chinese and eat it?

It's the neighbor's and he's really a pretty cool old guy, so probably not. He's like an 85 yr. old Tim Taylor.

You never know maybe that cat just happend to be passing through and the real suspect is yet to come lol

I'm not calling it solved quite yet..... :twisted:

Quote "It's odd that I had a dream about a month ago that a wolf/husky was right under that exact window"

Man, have you been waking up in the morning with dust on your jamies? I think you been sleep walking and spending part of the night out under that bush...

Ma Snart

PS - I was finally able to catch and kill that damn Chupacabra on my porch. Ugly little bastards...

I have sleep walked before, so I've been told... :pale: Maybe I'll catch myself on the camera. I hope I'm clothed.

Nice job on the Chup! :shock:

Ma Snart

Did you REALLY catch that? That is freakin awesome :prayer:

If it was a homeless dude, there would be a pile of cardboard, newspapers, etc.
If it was a coyote, Merlin and Maxi would be going nuts and you would know about it. I'm thinking deer, you're too far inland for crabs.

Im thinking maybe a homeless dude with crabs...And the cat is sniffing around trying to figure out what died there..I set up a kitty cam and some chow outside our subfloor entrance and tuned to Ch3 on my TV, watched those little ferile kittens for a week before I herded them into a box and took them to their death.....Hey, it had to be. :-(

Is that a crawl space under the window? you could be seeing a rodent deterrent on the job. I an going to guess it's a female and found a area to stay quite (thus the leaves she has cleared back) so she can leap at birds as they get on the trellis or the small tree.
This could be here favorite warm ambush area or she fought a snake there sunning again why the leave was cleared back.
My old home place I bought 27 years ago came with a cat that would not let me see her and stayed there well over 2 years and had 3 litters, a wild domestic cat is a great hunter and elusive. Time will tell Joe, it looks like you have a good start, don't be surprised if you see it jump up the tree or trellis. This is getting good :D

-
Back