got the 70 dart diga-tails installed.

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
finally had time to install them yesterday. jamie loves them..

i really need a new video camera that don't get freaked out by bright lights. the camera makes the lights all blurry for some reason..

remember if you don't like the sweeping motion of them you just flip a switch on the back of the board and they no longer sweep like that.

DSCN7276.jpg

DSCN7273.jpg

DSCN7277.jpg

DSCN7279.jpg

DSCN7282.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBI3CJ5BHuo"]70 dart diga-tails #2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTMGv1YlBLM"]70 dart diga-tails - YouTube[/ame]

I got an e mail from digi-tails the other day. Now I think I'll go ahead and buy them. Joe those are some happy birds in that video. Lol

I got an e mail from digi-tails the other day. Now I think I'll go ahead and buy them. Joe those are some happy birds in that video. Lol

Right! it sounded like they were chirping to the lights lol.

lol.. just before that there were some angry ones. they were chasing a hawk with god knows what in its claws..lol

Don't like the sweep lights but those are sweet!!! Do those just plug in easy or is there more to the install? I need to get those for my 70! I wonder if they make any for my 66 Valiant? Thanks for the vids Joe :glasses7:

Don't like the sweep lights but those are sweet!!! Do those just plug in easy or is there more to the install? I need to get those for my 70! I wonder if they make any for my 66 Valiant? Thanks for the vids Joe :glasses7:

No they are not plug and play. Not a bad install though. Just time consuming. And le I said there a switch on back that turns off the sweeping motion.

No early A yet that I know of. But they can make them. Just need donor lights to build from. If you have an extra set of lights you cand send them and those guys will build them.

I've got a few questions for you;

Is the sweep feature solid feed from a 2nd filament wire, like the OG? Or can you opt for sweep on signal and solid on brake with different feeds?

I can see that the running lamp circuit is divorced on half of the lights and everything has the sweep feature switched, but can you change between solid/ sweep on all 3 functions individually?

I've got no problem running wires, but I'd be very interested in these if I could set up a switch bypass for solid brake, solid running and a switched/ on sweeping signal.

What did these set you back?

they are $189 a set.

the running light lights all the led's

no, they either sweep on brake and turn or they don't.

here are the directions.. [ame]https://digi-tails.com/sites/default/files/instructions/1200470.pdf[/ame]

here is how they are wired.. its confusing. both lights get wired together. each board has to talk to the other.

Attachments

• led.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 224
finally had time to install them yesterday. jamie loves them..

i really need a new video camera that don't get freaked out by bright lights. the camera makes the lights all blurry for some reason..

remember if you don't like the sweeping motion of them you just flip a switch on the back of the board and they no longer sweep like that.

DSCN7276.jpg

DSCN7273.jpg

DSCN7277.jpg

DSCN7279.jpg

DSCN7282.jpg

70 dart diga-tails #2 - YouTube

70 dart diga-tails - YouTube

I like LEd's (since I did a set for myself). but on that second youtube one it really makes you take a look when they hit the brakes and have the flashers on it's kind of hard to see the difference, actually I looked at the opening between bumper and valance to see the difference. The sweep looks OK but would look better on a wider tail light. But I was expecting a better conspicuity (sP) when they flash off and then on even with the brakes on. I worked quite a bit to get mine to make sure there was a marked difference in light in all modes.
of course it helped that mine are 2 different patterns too! I'm going to do the late model dodge charger "racetrack thingy" on my 70 challenger lights.

overall I like the look for the rear of the car.

it really makes you take a look when they hit the brakes and have the flashers on it's kind of hard to see the difference

its the video. in person you can see a big difference.. the video screws it up for some reason.

I installed them in my project car and they wire way different than the norm and what surprised me was having to run a constant power supply to them

I installed them in my project car and they wire way different than the norm and what surprised me was having to run a constant power supply to them

what got me the most was wiring the left light to the right light and the right light to the left light. when we put them in my 71 i just didn't understand it..lol

Cool.........now I know where to get spare parts for mine

-
Back