Got the Motor Almost Ready

-

dart4forte

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Little commando 273, going in my 66 Valiant.

0244D2F4-BD57-4749-BFD7-DCBC1E03F699.jpeg

D03F821C-978A-48E3-B737-5F7A3F0F7460.jpeg

That looks SO nice! Is that an Ld4b or a D4b?

Kinda an update. Got the upper valvetrain on. Got new adjusters from Smith Brothers and push tods from Comp. Yesterday I lashed the valves, there’s breakin oil in the pan and today I’ll prime and check oil pressure. I’m using Maximum oil products. I’ll button up the motor this week.

Hydraulic or solid lifters? If it has hydraulics, you might ought to prime the oil pump until it fills the lifters and check the lash again. I've got Brad Penn break in oil in my 273. That stuff is green as Canadian Goose $hit! LOL

Kinda an update. Got the upper valvetrain on. Got new adjusters from Smith Brothers and push tods from Comp. Yesterday I lashed the valves, there’s breakin oil in the pan and today I’ll prime and check oil pressure. I’m using Maximum oil products. I’ll button up the motor this week.

AC6540AE-0C58-45AF-9BD9-3835FC9937F1.jpeg

0B4A6822-70A7-4172-831E-BCC9C4D158CF.jpeg

Hydraulic or solid lifters? If it has hydraulics, you might ought to prime the oil pump until it fills the lifters and check the lash again. I've got Brad Penn break in oil in my 273. That stuff is green as Canadian Goose $hit! LOL
Old skool, solid dump bell lifters

My engine builder swears by the Maximum. He races Stock Eliminator and uses the stuff in his motors.

Yeah, I know the feeling. There are a lot of cars that I've sold over the years that I wish I had back.

-
Back