Got the official plate

-

flynlady

Reaction score
For my 1966 Valiant Convertible ...whatcha think??

Attachments

• image-2818566936.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 194
i never knew Louisiana used a script like that ....thats like the California "lipstick" lettering.

matches the car and you

i never knew Louisiana used a script like that ....thats like the California "lipstick" lettering.

matches the car and you

Yep...I love the Cali script. They've certainly changed them over the years. I'm going to get a '66 Louisiana license plate for the front. Check ebay one day when your bored ... Search Louisiana license plates

I've never owned a convertible before. I was actually looking at buying an old 40s truck!

Very cool!...now get out there and enjoy that beauty!!!

Thanks! I'm dying to get her back on the road but her tranny has crapped out. Started pulling it tonight ....WOOOOHOOOO!

I've never owned a convertible before. I was actually looking at buying an old 40s truck!

how about a dodge sweptline (61-71) ....i always wanted a 70 sweptline in F8 green ......i was thinking of getting the body of the old truck and putting it on a 80s dodge truck frame.

that way you get rid of the king pins and have the later style coilovers and better disk brakes and more modern truck by function but with classic look.

Yep...I love the Cali script. They've certainly changed them over the years. I'm going to get a '66 Louisiana license plate for the front. Check ebay one day when your bored ... Search Louisiana license plates

I got some original MN plates for my car, in MN they didn't make a 1966 plate for a car, they only made a 65 plate and 66-67 had a sticker applied to it. So it has 65 stamped in it so when people see my car they say "nice 65" LOL When doing this it is registered as a "collector" plate and has a one time fee of $45 :glasses7:

how about a dodge sweptline (61-71) ....i always wanted a 70 sweptline in F8 green ......i was thinking of getting the body of the old truck and putting it on a 80s dodge truck frame.

that way you get rid of the king pins and have the later style coilovers and better disk brakes and more modern truck by function but with classic look.

I got everything except "king pins" and "coilovers" ... LOL .... I'm a TOTAL novice!!!

I love old bubble look truck with the huge shade....real rat rod-ish. :burnout:

I got some original MN plates for my car, in MN they didn't make a 1966 plate for a car, they only made a 65 plate and 66-67 had a sticker applied to it. So it has 65 stamped in it so when people see my car they say "nice 65" LOL When doing this it is registered as a "collector" plate and has a one time fee of $45 :glasses7:

Very cool!

You can register old plates in Louisiana too. I wanted a personalized plate AND with the Antique registration, I don't have to renew OR have an annual inspection on the car (emissions, etc). One time fee here too ... I think it was $65

I know it's a 66...but then plate is wrong. It's not vert, it is clearly rouge!

*ducks and runs from thrown tools and parts*

-
Back