Got to drive one of my all time dream cars

-

clinteg

Reaction score
I've always had a late 60's Hemi Dart or Barracuda on my list as one of my top dream cars to own. Well turns out a relative (by marriage) recently bought one that is just gorgeous. It's a clone of course, but it's a Hemi Barracuda nonetheless. He'll usually take me for a spin in his cars, but he knew what this type of car meant to me. So when I went to visit over the weekend, he insisted that I this one for a drive. I had no disappointments. Such a beautiful car, so much motor. Talk about being on cloud 9! Here's a couple pics.

Barracuda1.jpg

Barracuda2.jpg

Beautiful car! Excellent that you got to drive one of your dream cars. Not too many people get that opportunity.

I must say, those air filters definitely caught my eye. I feel like a monster motor like that could benefit from having a bit more filter element to breathe through. I'm guessing those are the easiest filters to fit under the hood though.

Still an awesome car to see, clone or not.

-Mike

Wow, gorgeous car. I want another Barracuda. I wish I had never got rid of the one I had. Hindsight is 20/20.

With all my blood rushing to the wrong head I am not sure that I would have been able to drive it if it I had the chance! I am VERY jealous, but most of all- where is the video of the drive????

Congrats on a great drive. I'm jealous.

I must say, those air filters definitely caught my eye. I feel like a monster motor like that could benefit from having a bit more filter element to breathe through. I'm guessing those are the easiest filters to fit under the hood though.

-Mike

Funny, I thought the same thing. Those tiny air filters on that big motor. I didn't take a close look with the hood on but you're probably right, there's probably not much room width-wise for the air filters. I would think taller would work though with that super stock hood?

i'd want to drive that 67' in the background too

It would probably make you sick to know how many of those he has. Most are Goldbloom Gold or NCRS Topflight certified. He's a very lucky guy to be able to own what he does. That particular one has power windows, power locks, air conditioning, every power and comfort option that was available that year.

Did he buy that car in Indy?

I had a friend that just sold one recently in Indy.

I also like that '64 Corvette in the background. I had one of those.

Beautiful 'Cuda.

Grandpa Mopar finally find a *** for his seat? If so, how much did the beautiful fish go for?

I cannot see the OPs pics.

Did he buy that car in Indy?

I had a friend that just sold one recently in Indy.

I also like that '64 Corvette in the background. I had one of those.

Beautiful 'Cuda.

I do believe he bought this car at Indy at the Mecum auction from an older gentleman maybe in his 60's? The car did not sell at the auction but he talked throughout the day with the PO and they got along well so they made a deal after the auction was over. That way they didn't have all the fees associated with the auction sale and the PO knew this car was going to a good home. A dealer was really after it, but the PO just couldn't see this car going to a dealer. And boy am I glad for that too! Otherwise I wouldn't have had the opportunity to be able to drive this car.

I uploaded the pics to the site here http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=29826 for those who can't see them.

A dealer didn't get a car?
That makes my day.

I wouldn't call this car a clone exactly.
I've got a new term I just came up with today for this type of car: "Replicant".
Let's see it it gets traction.

I do believe he bought this car at Indy at the Mecum auction from an older gentleman maybe in his 60's? The car did not sell at the auction but he talked throughout the day with the PO and they got along well so they made a deal after the auction was over. That way they didn't have all the fees associated with the auction sale and the PO knew this car was going to a good home. A dealer was really after it, but the PO just couldn't see this car going to a dealer. And boy am I glad for that too! Otherwise I wouldn't have had the opportunity to be able to drive this car.

I uploaded the pics to the site here http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=29826 for those who can't see them.

Yep, that's it............how did it drive and run?

Beautiful car... Congrats on getting to drive your dream car

Im jelous as all hell. I had a chance about 30 years ago to be a passenger in a hemi dart at GLD but when he was warming up the car he launched the car and blew out the driveshaft. Someday it will become a reality for me.

Yep, that's it............how did it drive and run?

It drives as good as it looks. 1st gear is pretty useless, second isn't a lot better! lol. I was just trying to get the car to move in 1st and laid down about 1 or 2 feet of rubber on accident. When I got out on the street (going about 5mph or so) I just shifted it to second and mashed it 1/2 to 3/4 throttle to try and help it not spin so bad. Yeah that didn't work either. It started to get sideways quick! It was quite an adrenaline rush! But it's just an incredibly nice car throughout. It now stays in an air conditioned shop with sealed floors with an owner that keeps all his cars in top notch condition.

Congrats on checking off your list another one of your dreams.

That is one beautiful fish, and it sounds like it is now in just the kind of pond it should be in.

Thanks for sharing the pictures and info on the history of the car. I remember seeing the car advertised and often wondered where it ended up.

Ma Snart

Attachments

• 0_5556_lg.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 358
Here's some more car **** for you guys. I wish the sun was out to really see the paint color better. It looks darker in these pics than it really is. I'm editing a video right now so check back later to watch the car run around a little bit.

2033.jpg

2039.jpg

2040.jpg

2024.jpg

2025.jpg

2047.jpg

2048.jpg

-
Back