Got to love those new tool boxes

-
The ICON boxes from HF are very nice. I ended up keeping my old 56" US General box when I bought the 73" ICON box this past christmas.... both are full now lol.

The ICON boxes from HF are very nice. I ended up keeping my old 56" US General box when I bought the 73" ICON box this past christmas.... both are full now lol.
It don't take long I have 5 and my son has more then I do already. I think tools are a sickness.

Tool boxes don't make money. Its the tools that bring in the cash. We bought all three of these machines for $2000 with a wooden box filled with tooling. The trailer was $5500. Auctions are where to spend your money. AuctionZip.com. Companies are going out of business all over the country. We're going to pick up a tow behind cement mixer tomorrow.

Bought a like new $2000 block tumbler two weeks ago for $300. Things are going cheap at auctions. A used box like that they go around $1500 at some auctions .

Also There are guys that finance them lose their jobs and sell them cheap and default on the loan. Watch search tempest. You won't find the deals on sites with ID. such as Facebook or Ebay .

View attachment 1715929217

View attachment 1715929218

View attachment 1715929219

Maybe that happens in PA, but it sure doesn't in ND. I can't touch a mill within a 500 mile radius for under $4K. And that's private sales, auctions, and dealers.

This is a cool combination. Gloss and matte black.

View attachment 1715932958
I'm partial to the ____ and copper combos myself

qg1b1fj490l31.jpg

s6fp91p3th871.jpg

It don't take long I have 5 and my son has more then I do already. I think tools are a sickness.
I bought a "new" snap on box and a Aero Industries top box recently and both are filled or very near filled. its been three weeks. And as a graduation gift my grandpa and grandma have offered up their whole tool collection spanning their whole garage wall and from the mid 30's to the 2000s.
I don't know where they will go. but I am still going to get them:lol:

I have seven. One large Craftsman combo, one Harbor Freight three door roll chest and five smaller drawered carts slam full. You are right. It does not take long. At all.

I was Mac tool dealer from 84 to 93, this is a 50 year anniversary Mac box set I kept for myself in 1988. I was a Snap On / Sun tech rep from 93 to 99 and won the small Snap On box in a sales contest.
They are all packed…

6E905503-BA6D-4AD6-BB9D-49615836F2C2.jpeg

DC74185A-5DE2-439D-9114-B559A20865FD.jpeg

I'm cheap, I can't spend thousands on a tool box but to be fair I'm not rolling them around at all. So for me at home I went with 3 of the harbor freight Yukon boxes. Bolted them all together to make one long work top and still had room on the side for my welder cart and and plasma cutter cart. Its been over a year and the set up has worked perfectly. its really whats inside the boxes that counts. id rather spend more money for a good tool than put it into a box.'
tool boxes.jpg

LOL... Wankers, that's all I can say.
They get a tool box as big as a small car and put about 40 hand tools in it, making sure each tool is spread about 4 inches apart. And a draw just for their lunch and one for the Iphone.
I guess they think the box makes them look more professional, or it's an ego thing..mines bigger than yours..
It's laughable..

I definitely think those are all pretty nice, and if I had the kind of job where my tools made me money I'd probably be somewhere in that world.

My 6 drawer Husky I found on the curb (with keys!) is doing just fine at work. A good portion of my tools are too big to fit in any kind of box I'd spend money on anyway (train stuff).

Question for the Harbor Freight tool box crowd: Are these boxes rat proof? I have an old 3 piece stacker Craftsman box and I've got a rat that has moved into the bottom box. It has a little opening in the back that he is getting in. I have to unload it and turn it on end to seal the openings. I'm in the market for something fancy anyway.

Question for the Harbor Freight tool box crowd: Are these boxes rat proof? I have an old 3 piece stacker Craftsman box and I've got a rat that has moved into the bottom box. It has a little opening in the back that he is getting in. I have to unload it and turn it on end to seal the openings. I'm in the market for something fancy anyway.

the harbor freight us general boxes are pretty nice.
Only thing id look out for. If they have power oulets in them then there is hole in the back with a rubber grommet a rat could prob get through.

-
Back