Gotta complain about Coolflex

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
I ordered a Coolflex radiator hose for my Dart. They look cool, and I always wanted one, even though they are really expensive. I also saw they had matching recovery tanks and ordered one of those as well. It's only money. I got an email from Coolflex on July 24 confirming my order. I waited patiently, and after three weeks I called and asked when I might expect my parts. They tell me that the hoses are backordered and they are getting some in the end of the week and should ship shortly afterward. I told them that possibly they should have called or emailed me with this information, and now it appears as if I will be over a month getting my parts. They didn't seem to care. So, I wait a week and call again. I get the exact same story about getting stock in the end of the week, blah, blah, blah. I tell them that that is what I was told last week. They didn't seem to care. Finally I get an email confirming shipping. I got my package early September. I open it up and there is a hose but no recovery tank. I call and find .... guess what? It's backordered. I tell them how nice it was to be told that the several times I had already spoken to them. They didn't seem to care. He tells me he will call his supplier and get back to me with a time frame. Four days later I call him and he says, oh, I forgot to call you back. They never got back to me. I will call them and call you right back. Now it is two days later, today. I call and get an answering machine. I left a scathing message and sent an email. I like the idea of a matching tank, but I am so ready to buy one ANYWHERE else. Their customer service absolutely sucks. Their communication absolutely sucks. I hope the product quality is good and makes it two out of three for suckiness.

Enough ranting. Take it for what it's worth, but I have a hard time recommending them to anyone.

Sorry to hear of the crappy customer service. In this tough economy you'd expect better.

Actually, the only bright spot is that they didn't charge my card until they shipped the part. I have not been charged for the recovery tank yet.

Send it all back and tell them to shove it.

Piss poor service is not to be tolerated.

If they have backordered parts they should inform you of that immediately and ask you if you are interested in alternates or a refund.

Customer service.....what the hell is that. Tank indeed does look neat. Hopefully they will come thru.

i hope everything works out for you. Im not a fan of the look however. Looks like vacuum cleaner hose. lol

i hope everything works out for you. Im not a fan of the look however. Looks like vacuum cleaner hose. lol

Ha! Good one .

Good look for a custom maybe, not my taste for an a-body .Never liked the chromed out look. If its what you like more power to ya!

sortof on topic but, I won a single cool flex hose at a car show a few years back. Haven't installed it yet. how is the product is that any good? Considering installing it when i get my engine back in.

And back on topic, that coolant recovery tank looks weird. If it was me id try and just cancel the order and just get a shiny summit brand or something like that. it will match well enough.

I've installed a bunch of that stuff. Got a few tips. Cut it longer than you think, you can always sneek up on the perfect fit. Don't run it too tight, it will pull out. Don't run it too long, it will vibrate and try to work itself out. If you have to use the reducer sleeve, definately super glue it to the main sleeve. Don't crank down on the hose clamps, but definately make sure they are tight (gets messy if you don't). Cool flex is probably the better of that type of hose on the market. Personally, it always reminded me of the lines on the back of my toilet. Weirdly enough, I always kinda thought it looked cool, just not my style.

So I got a response to the email yesterday. Their manufacturer is no longer making the recovery tanks. It is listed on the Coolflex website as a 'new product'. Kind of funny how a new product can be discontinued already. So now, six weeks after I ordered it, I find I won't be getting it. A simple phone call from Coolflex would have made this a non issue. Now I have to tell everyone I know that they are one of the worst vendors I have ever dealt with. Cool hose, but I am not recommending this to anyone.

Actually, the only bright spot is that they didn't charge my card until they shipped the part. I have not been charged for the recovery tank yet.
That's the way it's supposed to be handled. most credit-card merchant agreements require the vendor to not charge your card until stuff is shipped. Of course, very few people challenge the merchants on this so no one really cares.

-
Back