gotta love this!!

-
One time, at Canter's Deli, I saw Ron Jeremy climb over a booth to sit between two guys at a lunch meeting, when he got there.

Initial thought: Why is that guy climbing over the booth like a crazy person?
2nd thought: Oh, it's Ron Jeremy. That explains everything.

A few years ago, an atrocious Matt Damon movie called "The Informant!" was filmed in my hometown. I got cast as an extra, along with my truck. (The truck made it into the movie, my scenes got cut) I did get to eat dinner with the crew one evening. I sat with the other extras, and as I looked around the dining room I saw Scott Bakula, Joel McHale, directer Steven Soderbergh, and Melanie Lynskey all eating dinner. That night, right before we left the hotel where they were filming, Matt came out and was talking to fans, taking pictures with fans, and signing autographs for fans. Not being a huge Matt Damon fan, my wife and I just stood off to the side and watched the frenzy. We started walking away to head back to my truck, and we were holding hands as we walked. We then heard footsteps coming up behind us quick, and I looked back in time to see Matt Damon right on our heels. We parted real quick, and Matt walked right between the two of us. Asshat. Makes me wonder what would have happened had we not let go of each others' hands.

When I had my auto repair business in CA I got a call to go to an address to change a flat tire for someone.
When I got there is when I found out that Bo Derrick was the owner of the car, but she was so old I didn't even recognize her at first.
Kinda scary looking actually.

Remember the TV show Quincy Adams?
I picked up a hitchhiker on the way to work one day outside of Santa Barbara and it was Val Bisoglio, the guy that played the bar tender.

I was doing mechanic work for a shop in Santa Ynez Cal at the time.
Lots of actors and rich people live in that area.

I used to work for a livery company...once got an airport (Logan) run, and who got into my Town Car but Kevin Youkilis! (Nice enough guy.) Another airport run, I picked up this huge black dude I still think was Richard Seymour. (He never took off his shades barely said two words the whole ride, and looked like he slept most of the way, but I wasn't griping about the $150 tip.)

Driving a shuttle bus at Gillette Stadium, I was flagged down by a security guard...a minute later, the entire cheerleading team boarded my bus.

Another driver at the tow company where my wife works got a call for someone locked out of his car...the guy was (retired MLB player) Mo Vaughn!

Had just moved back to my hometown and was working at my cousins speed shop.Me and another guy were out in the lot getting a part off of a junker when this guy walked by smiled and waved.I thought..he looks familiar..did I go to school with him or something?Then it hit me it was Richard Janssen (The Fugitive TV series) who was in town filming the tv movie "Centennial".

in 1963 while I was working as a weather observer at the Watson Lake, Yukon Territory airport I had a chance to speak to Col. James Doolittle. Col. Doolittle had an unparalleled career in U.S aviation both civilian and military. He conducted the first raid on Tokyo during W.W.2 and secured a place in history and was a truly great American.
He arrived at Watson Lake airport in a Dakota (not the truck!) to go on a hunting expedition with a local big game guide and outfitter.

In the mid 80's we still lived in south Louisiana. We had company from Belgium who wanted to see New Orleans. We were all walking around the French quarter and stopped for a minute deciding where to go next. One of the guests said "look behind you" I turned around and looked into the open air café and OJ Simpson was at the table 3' from me. Another time we were changing planes in Cleveland, OH. and Hulk Hogan was in line next to me. Real nice guy. Not as big as they say on tv, I'm 6' and 215lb, Hulk looked like he only had 3-4 ins on me and about 50 lb.

I once met G. Gordon Liddy. I was working as an usher in a movie theater and we played a movie at the Toronto Film Festival starring him and I think Andy Warhol having dinner and having a converstation. He was there to talk about the movie. Anyways, I was at the front of the theater and I had to adjust the mike for him. He said "Thanks, son" and shook my hand. He was very gracious. I was the only staffer there who even knew who the heck he was.

Steve

Col. Doolittle had an unparalleled career in U.S aviation both civilian and military.

I'll say!!! He was one of those few who's lived about 4 lives, in terms of accomplishments. High altitude oxygen, flight, and instrumentation research, fuel and lubricant research, and many other things in his military career. The raid on Tokyo pales when you add up "the rest" of his life, in some ways.

Driving cross country with the EX in 93. Pulled into a diner and there was a Nascar trailer. Think it was #24. So long ago I don't remember. Met the driver of the car, he was riding shotgun in the semi. Took some pictures, had dinner with them. If I remember correct the driver was killed later that year.
My Dad had a gutter business. Put gutters on a crap load of houses in my old hood. A house around the corner got hit by lightening shortly after he had put the gutters up. We were there seeing what he needed to do....the homes owners son pulled up when we were there. That year he had either won or was runner up at the Indy 500

In 1990, my wife and I were honeymooning at Disney World in Orlando, staying at a nice hotel on the property (Yacht and Beach Club). We were swimming in the pool LATE one night and noticed another couple come down and slip into the pool. Turns out it was Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith!

They were cool as ****. We didn't get all star struck and just talked to them like normal people asking about their vacation and stuff. He seemed to be more interested in talking to my new bride and I had no problem talking to his! Here's a pic taken two weeks earlier.

317762_367706659983342_1633970016_n.jpg

Met Bill Goldberg at Chrysler Classic at Norwalk yrs. ago. They just called Him to race His car then He saw Me and my Son (who was about 8 ) walking towards Him. He stopped and took the time to talk. Now that's a real cool thing to do. My Son still remembers that. He's 20 now.

Sometimes I shop across the street from Dog bounty hunters bail bonds office, so I see him fairly often in the store. I guess it counts if anybody thinks the weirdo is a celebrity.

-
Back