GPS navigation

-

camd64

Remember Landy
Reaction score
Who makes the best/most accurate navigation system? I know quite a few guys on here do some serious traveling and have them so who do you use? Johnny.

Here's a navigational aid that has never let me down.

dlmec.jpg

And they even produce a version that will work seamlessly with your hardware:

9780899333830.jpg

i think all the commercial ones are the same as far as accuracy. i have a garmin nuvi 760 and i just got some map software and a gps reciever for my lap top, tried them out the other day, both said the same things as far as distance to next turn and time of arrival, speed etc.

garmin nuvi 260w is what i use...its over a year old, but works pretty damn good. everything is accurate...

I travel extensively, in a different state every couple months, I currently use a Nuvi myself. As stated before the units need to be updated from time to time, but overall your major highways/roads stay the same. Bussinesses and such change locations, but overall they are very handy when hitting a new area for finding locations such as Lodging,post offices,FedEx, restuarants and the local Hooters.

I use mine in conjunction with a road atlas. When hauling a 36ft gooseneck toolbox it comes in handy knowing your exiting to the left/right in 0.7 miles when you have 4 lanes of traffic to navigate in Houston/LA/KC.

Money well spent if you travel alot.

Thanks for all the recommendations. I found radio shack had the 255w on sale 40 bucks less than everywhere else I looked. Like it so much my mom and I went in on one together for my sisters birthday!

I have two of the low end TomToms and they have never let me down. I also have a free GPS app on my iPhone and it is just as good. My brother has a low end Garmin and it works as well but the menus in the TomTom seem a little more intuitive.

Neither my TomToms or my brother's Garmin talk actual street names but they are displayed, I don't find that to be an issue and not worth paying more for.

we have a couple garmins. they work ok. take you on some real strange routes if you ask me. they are good for suggestions. i would still use a mak to be sure of where your going

-
Back