GPS tach ?

-
You could be sitting still with the pedal matted, satellites ain’t gonna know that. Once you put it in gear and start moving, different satellites can triangulate your position with great accuracy hence the speed information.

I can see speed, that is done in most new cars. Even if you reverse engineer the RPM from the speed there is no way to know what gear it is in. Ok, maybe you preset a speed range for each gear through some learning mode. Not something I feel I would trust.

Alan

No, not gps but I’ve seen Bluetooth tachs before. Heck they even sell Bluetooth gauges on you smartphone. No more dash- clip your phone to the dash and drive away.
Syleng1

The G-tech performance monitor I had could get tach info from the electrical ripple/ EMI in the wiring. Only connection is a cig lighter plug

GPS...NO. GPS gives you one thing......geographical location, and time, and from that, speed. No possible way to compute engine RPM

gps tach is an "add on". It'll allow you to pull up feedback 0-60,1/8.1/4,et's,mph and highest rpm reached) just as the gps speedo does with out changing the factory gauges. All the things you can do with a phone app. except rpm.

-
Back