Grand Spalding Dodge

-
the shape same as the factory lightweight Hurst Hemi Darts back in the day.

sorry but this dart (attached) has wheelwells nothing like the original hemi darts. the picture below is a real hemi dart and the way it was cut out. its cut alot highter and looks alot better IMO.

like i said its my opinion. defend yourself all you want but i expected a better looking car from you guys. i do respect him for what he did back in the day. this new stuff i have no respect for. there really isn't anything special looking about it. so its got a hemi in it. big deal.. there are alot of cars with hemi's in them. its got big wheels on it. big deal so does my dart and thats only a small block car. look at it. it doesn't stand out in a crowed. it looks like a regular 68 dart that has a custom color on it and big wheels. is it straight ? i'm sure it is. but it doesn't stand out. it can live with 850 HP? yea and?

like i said it just my opinion and not intended to piss anyone off. but i just think someone missed with this one.. its too much a bad cross between the originaks and a protouring car if you look at it.. pick a direction and go with it. this way its just a mess in my opinion. but hey thats just me and i'm sure you'll have pleanty of guys glad to write a check for it wich is what its all about anyway...

Clipboard03.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg

Pat, maybe it's too much for you to handle yourself to go through all the paperwork, etc. Larry himself probably doesn't have the time either. Maybe you should put me on it. I would actually like to find the paperwork on a car I know doesn't exist anymore as well, that a friend bought new, to verify the equipment it came with. This car could help prove that some really unique GSS Demons were produced.
Come on Pat, someone needs to get on this subject, you know the Yenko and Motion guys have done the research years ago and yet the GSD fans are still living under a cloud of speculation, which isn't helping to find and preserve the original GSS and special GSD cars. A lot of unanswered questions probably lie in that database.

I think the new GSS Dart is almost perfect. Only thing I would change is to get rid of those 17" wheels, and put a set of 15" Cragar S/S wheels on it. 15X3.5 in front, and 15X8 in the rear.
Otherwise, I would sign off on that in a minute.

George

I think the new GSS Dart is almost perfect. Only thing I would change is to get rid of those 17" wheels, and put a set of 15" Cragar S/S wheels on it. 15X3.5 in front, and 15X8 in the rear.

George

Agree, those rims look terrible that big, need 15 inch Cragar's or even 15 inch Husrt's!

Pat, maybe it's too much for you to handle yourself to go through all the paperwork, etc. Larry himself probably doesn't have the time either. Maybe you should put me on it. I would actually like to find the paperwork on a car I know doesn't exist anymore as well, that a friend bought new, to verify the equipment it came with. This car could help prove that some really unique GSS Demons were produced.
Come on Pat, someone needs to get on this subject, you know the Yenko and Motion guys have done the research years ago and yet the GSD fans are still living under a cloud of speculation, which isn't helping to find and preserve the original GSS and special GSD cars. A lot of unanswered questions probably lie in that database.

I'd love to put this together and I know Larry will let the right guys willing to volunteer as registrar to compile stats and check a vin check system- like SAAC does for Shelby's. Everything would have to be okay'd by Norm, but if you anyone is willing to help, it is welcome. I have a url for a registry- but I just dumped a bunch of $$$ into the new website- who want to help put a registry site up? Anyone? Anyone? (is this thing on?)

So we have the begining of an idea:sign10:...lets see what comes of it. ;)

George

Abodyjoe, I am inclined to agree, she does look better in drag trim. Check it out concept art, we shows her in 15" Drag Rims, and you get get it like that, yet no one has yet....

Cragars are available as an option, in fact the first "M" Code GSS Dart (440 SIX PACK) has 15" mag 500 rims...these are custom cars guys- no need to order "Value Meal #1" if you don't want fries with that...:snakeman:

MrNormGSS_012.jpg

Pat, as you know, you have contacted me before on the registry idea, but I never heard back from you. I have to say, I have talked with Norm about it as well, as far back as two years ago, and he never said one way or the other how he felt about a registry. Now it seems he has you working on one. I would be interested in hosting it, since I already had one in the works anyway, or might be willing to help you with one. We would need to talk more about your idea and goal with the site before I could commit. I had planned on a dedicated GSD car registry with an emphasis on the GSS Demons (since that's what I have).

Pat, as you know, you have contacted me before on the registry idea, but I never heard back from you. I have to say, I have talked with Norm about it as well, as far back as two years ago, and he never said one way or the other how he felt about a registry. Now it seems he has you working on one. I would be interested in hosting it, since I already had one in the works anyway, or might be willing to help you with one. We would need to talk more about your idea and goal with the site before I could commit. I had planned on a dedicated GSD car registry with an emphasis on the GSS Demons (since that's what I have).

PM or email me on this...

Anyone ever thought of doing a Mopar Rondeveau at the original Mr Norms location with tough mopars sitting around again like it use to be. I remember sitting at Dog N Suds in West Plains, Mo. till midnight and listening to WLS in the windy city and the Mr Norms radio adds. Hell, i was to busy sitting around suckin down beers and squeazing some chicks *** in my Mach 1 to get interested, but NOW i own 4 of the toughest Mopars in town and i have a field full of about 45 projects ranging from dusters to darts to cudas to post furys just waiting to start on BUT which one to do next? I've got a couple of 68's out there and maybe a 5.7 is in the future or would that be blastphemy. Probably should hold out for a 426 old school hemi. Don't knock Norm for making money on his name. I'd feel proud to shake the mans hand. The hobby wouldn't be what it is with out his contribution.

I`m with George and 66340sedan on this one. The (matchbox) wheels have got to go, but I`m sure if you order one that they would be happy to oblige with a 15" Cragar or the like.

i thought there was a norms sport club,,,some one in the chicago area i think he had a orange demon,,ran the club back in the 80s,,,i remember seeing him selling items,,,stickers,, etc at chicago area mopar events,,

GTS340: What size is that jacket? If it's a large or extra large i'll give $100 for it. Let me know where to send money. Thanks

Sorry, the jacket is not for sale. Have you seen what even just the back patch goes for on ebay lately? I actually have two of them, one light jacket and one with a liner for winter.

i thought there was a norms sport club,,,some one in the chicago area i think he had a orange demon,,ran the club back in the 80s,,,i remember seeing him selling items,,,stickers,, etc at chicago area mopar events,,

I'm not sure about the Demon, but I know someone was selling Grand Spaulding Dodge stuff back in the late 80's. I bought some of it at the World of Wheels back around '88. It was very cheap quality, but the decals were good compared to the stuff they sell now. I thought it was Larry Weiner, but he says it wasn't him. I guess the stuff was bootleg...right after this I think Mr. Norm starting selling the stuff and re-started the Sport Club, but I'm not sure when this occurred.
The Orange Demon you remember, was it a 71 or 72? The reason I ask is because I have pics of a 72 with the cheap plastic IL plate on it that says "Mr. Norms" on it, like the plates they used to sell at the car shows a lot back then. The pics are form Union Grove in the late 80's. That's the last time I have seen the car.

The Dart is cool, but I'll take the Ram, thankyou.=P~

I don't suppose you'd throw that on a trailer and bring it down here for our May all-Mopar Race at Texas Motorplex??:cheers:

www.moparsatthemotorplex.com

if i remember correctly,, the guy was involved with norm,,i thouight his name was len,,sorry didnt know the guy or do i remember the year of the demon,,,would of been in the 80s,, and possibily at union grove,,

umm nope,,, was a young guy,,, not related to norm to my knowlege,, not important,,,just remeinded me of him reading about all this mr norm stuff,, i rememebr him working with norm,, trying to get the mr norms sport club going,, back in the 80s,...

I'll give you credit for being persistent! It's a large. Your welcome to come up and try it on though.

GTS340 - I know you dont want to sell your jacket (that is a SWEET piece of memorabilia) I would give you way more than $150, but I know your not selling and I dont blame you. My question to you is, do you know where I can get one? Like I said, I'd pay alot for one. That thing is awsome. I just love it. Any leads very appreciated!?!?

-
Back