Grandma arriving in style!!

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Lori and I held Thanksgiving this year for immediate family and even though my Dad and Mom have been divorced for over 40 years, they still get along great! My Grandma(my moms mom) lives in Lindsay and so does Dad, so Mom(lives in Toronto) asked if Dad would pick up Grandma. So my 90 year old Grandma got to arrive in style!! She said she enjoyed it but had to yell to have a conversation LOL

Attachments

• DSCF8549 (Medium).jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 426
  • DSCF8550 (Medium).jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 437
  • DSCF8551 (Medium).jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 436
That's way cool.
I took my Gandma on a four hour 4x4 trip in the Sierra Nevada mountains once when I was a kid and she had a blast.

..............Thats great ....gave ur dad some alone time with the X mother in law.....have a great time..........kim..........

Thanks guys, she is twice as old as the cuda and just as much of a classic! LOL. Funny my grandpa who is gone now used to have a Fargo, and Dad called it the "fart n go" cuz if you were ever behind my Grandpa at the lights, the truck would let out a huge blast of black smoke every time he took off. LOL

Thats awsome.They may be "experianced" but they still know what a good time is.My grandmother was told to walk a few miles a day and one day she was out I stopped and gave her a ride home in my custom orange 72 satellite.She always said that was her favorite car.

Thanks guys, I spent quite a bit of time with both her and my Grandpa growing up. When they sold their farm outside of Lindsay in the 80's they bought a Park Store up near Parry Sound on Oastler lake provincial park. I worked for them for 2 summers and had a blast as a teenager!! The day after they sold their farm Grandpa drove his tractor from Lindsay to Parry Sound...bout a 2-3 hour drive by car...packed a lunch and thermos and away he went....I will have to do some rummaging, there is a pic from back in the 30's or 40's of Grandpa redoing the roof on their 1st house in BC

WoW,your Grampa drove a tractor from Lindsay to Parry Sound??LOL.That must,ve took him 3 days going 5 mph at the side of the hwy??:wack:

WoW,your Grampa drove a tractor from Lindsay to Parry Sound??LOL.That must,ve took him 3 days going 5 mph at the side of the hwy??:wack:

LOL, I know I guess that was his way of saying goodbye to the farm. Either that or too cheap to float it up to Parry Sound. I think it took him 2 days to get there!

Hart filled to the brim I am , Thank you for sharing a great family time :glasses7:

Enjoy your grandma:D

Your photos bring back lots of great memories.

I bought my first Dodge Dart, a '72, from my grandma in 1978.

She bought a '79 Malibu after that, but she always talked about her red Dodge Dart as being her favorite car.

That is great! Thanks for showing us Steve
Darryl

Grandma's thinking "if I was just a little bit younger I'd kick Steve out of the car and stomp on it myself!" Go granny go!

Glenn

Lori and I held Thanksgiving this year for immediate family and even though my Dad and Mom have been divorced for over 40 years, they still get along great! My Grandma(my moms mom) lives in Lindsay and so does Dad, so Mom(lives in Toronto) asked if Dad would pick up Grandma. So my 90 year old Grandma got to arrive in style!! She said she enjoyed it but had to yell to have a conversation LOL

Bad *** thread! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks guys, Im gonna print this thread off and show it to her. Love her to bits, such an amazing woman that started out with very little but both her and grandpa made a lot with what they had.

-
Back