Grandma's 73 Gold Duster

-
Welcome aboard Misty! Can't wait to check out the pics. Looks like we're not too far apart on the map either ...

Here are the pics that I promised! Some of them were taken before I had put some new parts on the engine. This had a white vinyl top- but I had to tear it off because it's rusted through right where it meets the windshield. So, it's going to need a bit of body work, but as you'll see, I don't think it will be too major.

Enjoy- please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Misty

Attachments

• IMG_3044.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_3045.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_3091.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_3092.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_3095.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_3096.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_3099.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_3104.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_3118.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_3131.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 298
That car is clean!!!!!!!!!!!
You don't know how lucky you are.
Time to start a restoration thread.

If the rust is near the windshield. Pull out the headliner my 73 240 car had same problem from the half top and it ate all of the iner structure on the front and some of the inner roof structure of the sides and some of the pinch weld rusted off. All of this was a result of the outside sheetmetal getting rust holes

Very nice score there girl! You're going to have a blast ... hit me up if I can help out with any of it.

Grandma must have been a smoker,, i've never seen an ashtray with that kind of wear on it...lol

Good luck with the duster, its a cool one. And welcome to the forum.

Nice start there. Interior is in a lot better shape than mine was. Most of mine is going to be deleted though. Keep up the progress reports. Welcome to the jungle.:coffee2:

I sure will- I just checked out your site- ridiculously impressive!! I may get in touch with you about doing my valve cover.

In awe,

Misty

Thank you Misty! I appreciate the kind words and your time in checking it out. I don't have a ton of lady motorheads on board (the world needs more :-D) but it will be an honor adding you and Grandma's baby to the list.

I would be willing to take that old ugly beat up front grill off your hands... heck I will even pay ya for it. :p .... er.... ah... yeah...

Looks like a great car to start with ! Have fun doing it.... take your time and do things properly. Lots of great advice can be found on this site. I am pretty partial to the Duster breed and have lots of extensive knowledge on do's and dont's with them during a rebuilding process. If ya have a question feel free to send me a note. Also I dabble a tad in used A body parts...... ok ok ... a lot in used parts.... specifically Duster stuff. Just FYI.

Have fun on the site and the project !

-RPM

I would be willing to take that old ugly beat up front grill off your hands... heck I will even pay ya for it. :p .... er.... ah... yeah...

Looks like a great car to start with ! Have fun doing it.... take your time and do things properly. Lots of great advice can be found on this site. I am pretty partial to the Duster breed and have lots of extensive knowledge on do's and dont's with them during a rebuilding process. If ya have a question feel free to send me a note. Also I dabble a tad in used A body parts...... ok ok ... a lot in used parts.... specifically Duster stuff. Just FYI.

Have fun on the site and the project !

-RPM
Sorry, that grille's not for sale!! :) I do have a filler neck if anyone needs it- I bought it not realizing that a space duster took a special one.

Well, here we go! So the carb was acting weird. Wouldn't allow the car to start. As long as I dumped some gas in it prior to starting it, it would start and run just fine. SO, I bought a carb rebuild kit and rebuilt it. I got everything cleaned up real nicely and put it all back together and... I still have the same problem. It's like when you first pump the accelerator to start it, it's not squirting any fuel into it. Once again, if I dump gas in it to start it, it will start and run smooth no problem, even driving down the road. Any ideas on what that might be? I'm at a loss. Any help from anyone would be appreciated! Misty

PS it's a Holley model 1920 1bbl

I was having that problem turned out it was a weak fuel pump you can always pull the line off the carb and put something under it to catch the fuel turn it over and see how much comes out

-
Back