Grant Tuff Wheel

-

Demon_Jeff_71

Banned
Reaction score
I was just curious if anyone has boughten one of the new grant tuff wheels. I am looking at buying the wood grip one because I like the look of the rim blow but I dont like the price so if I can get the wood wheel that looks like a tuff wheel. So curious if anyone has bought it and how hard it was to install and if it was just the normal 3 nut change and if anyone has had problems or likes it or what now.

Thanks for the input

Jeff

Its great....I had an issue with mounting because I had a Grant on the car already. I bought it off of ebay. The seller Martin is a GREAT guy...he got the Tuff Stuff factory tech/sales to call me...I sent them some pictures and they sent me the right adapter...for free!

Ebay seller name-SuperTuff

Use him...he is a mopar guy!

1st pic-Both steering wheels...
2nd pic-Column this was on with the GT wheel...an adapter was needed. (I dont think you would need it though)
3rd pic- Installed.

Only complaint~The horn is a hard plastic...you can sometime hear it vibrate against the steering wheel...

Aloha!

Steering wheels (1) small.JPG

Steering column small.JPG

Cropped gauges front view backseat 11-12-08 small.JPG

You don't need the adapter. But with out it the wheel is a little close to the dash and you will need to bend the turn signal arm so it does not hit the wheel. Here is a pic with out the adapter. It is a nice wheel. I like it.

026.jpg

i have the black grant and love it. get a stock rimblow adapter for the wheel and it bolts right on. the grant adapter i really didn't like.

tuffwheel001.jpg

tuffwheel003.jpg

tuffwheel010.jpg

I like the look. I am going to have to get one know. Thanks for the input.

Jeff

I have one I bought last summer. I really like the look of it but I have a couple of complaints. The first is that the silver ring around the horn button is made from sticky backed PAPER of all things and in my case it has pulled loose and has a small pinch mark in it. Not terribly noticable but annoying just the same. The other issue I have is that after 30 plus years Grant still has not figured out how to fasten a horn button onto a wheel without that #$#@$% snap and twist onto the composite backing. These damn things inevitably come loose at an inopportune time such as at 2:00 AM when you finally wake up to realize the horn on your car is blowing because the damn thing grounded itself. Anybody that has had one of the cheaper Grant wheels knows what I am talking about. Why they couldn't spend a bit more and add a decent horn button like the Signature Series wheels, I'll never know. Car Craft did an install article on these last year and seemed to think theirs was great.

PICT0056.jpg

That horn button poped off at me when I was driving one time. Scared the hell out of me. LOL

I cut down the spring in there so there is not as much tenchen on it any more. Has not cam after me sence then.

you guys do know that your stock horn stuff will work on that wheel right? screw that grant spring loaded junk. i used the stock horn piece and snapped the hornbutton right on. no rattles and has never fallen off... :)

tuffwheel009.jpg

i want to buy a Grant 860 tuff wheel for my 73 duster...but confused on the adapter...

what are you guys using?

I drilled and tapped my 860 to use the factory adapter and horn button like it shows in the link abodyjoe posted above. Luckily I had an adapter, horn switch and horn button. Bought the wheel through Summit for like $38 and spent more time marking the holes and rechecking them than it took to drill and tap them.

Although the look isn't close to a real or repro Tuff Wheel, it does resemble it and I like the smaller diameter better.

the grant adapter i really didn't like.
where did u get ur adaptor

it was just a stock adapter. forget where i picked it up.. check ebay and all. they pop up from time to time.. think someone is repopping them too..

-
Back