GRATIOT back in the day

-
I have saved some old ads too. Check out the prices. Sorry for the small sizes
93438056-thumbnail.jpg
Capture esco.PNG
esco auto.jpg

I only go to NAPA as there is still old people behind the counter and parts catalogs on the desk...
Our local NAPA got rid of the catalogs a few months ago. I don't understand why. One of the old timers behind the counter said he couldn't believe they did that.

I tried to find pictures of Oties speed shop here in Akron but only found some pictures of his altered. It was on Kenmore Blvd till the 90's, I bought some parts there in the late 70's,

OtiesAutomotiveInColor.jpg

OtiesAutomotiveSmokeShow.jpg

Drove past every day to work, stopped in frequently to drool and buy something just so I could look at the complete engines just waiting for an engine compartment.

Anyone remember E-Z Jack, Clinton IN.
I went there mid late seventies to pick up parts and at a Junk Yard in Terra Haute...

I bought my first cam shaft from Summit Racing in 1975 I think, but they were in a small building on main st in Akron.

NL_50-Years-Akron-Store_gold.jpg

Caint believe yall start a thread about Gratiot and nobody's posted this yet. Bunch of homos. lol

View attachment 1715217743

@toolmanmike those are some awesome pictures. These kids growin up today will never know the coolness of those old speed shops. I worked for a local chain like that in Macon when I was 17. Looked just like the inside of that one. It was great.

THOSE ARE SPEED PARTS !!

And RAMCHARGERS still in business...
And Mopar introduced their Direct Connection Program in 1973 or something...
Dragracing was still very big for Chrysler.
Bracket Racing had also become very popular at this time... Right?

View attachment 1715217393
WHAT? this is RIGHT NEXT TO MY HOUSE. Building is an HVAC place now. This is crazy

-
Back