Graveyard Carz Coming Back

-
I love having a Mopar show. I don't mind the plugs. Someone has to pay for the show. I don't need drama. I don't understand this country's need for drama??? People say the show would be boring without it. If that's the case then you really don't care about the cars. I get more into the show when they are talking about build codes and dates. How a car was built from the factory. When people are wrenching on your own cars what do you do? Get bored and start a bunch of drama to make working on your car more interesting? I hope the show goes on but without Darren. He should be fired for stealing the popcorn machine. If you took a package from any business and brought it home you would. Plus all he does is wines and insults everyone's car.

I watched last nights episode and I have to agree...the drama is staged and boring. I think more uncomfortable situations with Mark and the new chick are better. I never squirmed so much as I did watching their interaction.

Is it me or does he seem like he's infatuated with her and she's creep'd out by him?

I foresee this as the last season. Not interesting enough and I'm already tired of to many e-bodies. Plus Mark will end up with a restraining order against him from Darrel and new chick.

You guys are crazy , why wouldn't you guys like a mopar show.
I love it . I like the new facts segments mark does.
Very cool show looking foward to many years watching.

Personally i like the jokes, games, drama call it what you will staged it's entertainment. Never gonna please everyone

Exactly.

May be OK for you but not me.

I don't dis anyone for their choices of cars, TV or women. It's just not my cup o liquor and I don't mind saying so.

I'm glad you can find entertainment in it...I just wish I knew where to look cause to me it's just bad TV. Maybe more cars and less Mark and company and I would appreciate it more.

I mean honestly they are not what I would call ambassadors for the Mopar brand. No wonder Ford and Chevy guys think were so strange.

I have been watching the show because yes, its a mopar dedicated show and is very interesting to see the projects they are currently working on. The drama on the other hand is just on the edge for me, they take the grab *** just one step to far. My girlfriend even commented the other night when I was watching, and she was overhearing the show, that it was getting on her nerves. I was even a little embarrassed that she noticed I was not turning the channel!

..odd, I find Darren far worse than Mark...and I still don't know why he is on the show since he doesn't contribute anything...

I thought it was hilarious that Daren was eating popcorn while Mark was sorting out a missing package.

I think this season has been the best...they are showing more details on the cars.

You guys keep hating, I will keep watching.

Paul

I thought it was hilarious that Daren was eating popcorn while Mark was sorting out a missing package.

I think this season has been the best...they are showing more details on the cars.

You guys keep hating, I will keep watching.

Paul

I agree the retool of the show this season to include more facts, more of the how to, and less of "the game" is a great improvement. I was ready to give up after last season's grab-***, but this is now a good show.

Hate is a strong word....The feeling I get when watching is more like boredom.

The cars are awesome but the show is a snoozer...

Like the cars..3 season is better ..but more on the cars please..it hlps when you tape it so you can flip through it..

wonder if the moron will be fired after steal the popcorn machine..and what was the jeep thing..acts like a 3 year old....actually, my 3 years olds acted better than that..

I would personally love a mopar show about the cars...not the staged drama.
Maybe if the Monkey writers gave them a few scrips to use as a template for how to make an interesting show they could improve the content.

IMO it needs serious work if it's going to last.

Downloaded 3 season's worth...going to start working through them..if they are all like the first one (the original GTO) , it will be time well spent

Thanks for the share.

ian.

I would like to see more how to stuff then crap. I think most people don't have deep pockets just to buy a shell with numbers and hand it over for a full blown restoration.

But you need more than a half a dozen people watching to keep a show on...enjoy, I agree, this is probably the last year..besides, who watches reality shows now ?
I wouldn't count on a few complaints from here to shut the show down.Go to their facebook page and check them out,alot more detail about the cars and how the show got started.They are a very small group doing the best they can so to speak.
BTW this was Velocity's best January ever and Graveyard Carz was a huge part of that.
Also for everyone that hates Darren there is one that likes him so it takes all types.
Like I've stated before I like the show and I laugh because I feel its all for the show and no one gets mad that Mark does his thing so that tells me they are all good friends messing around.Besides its the only car show that doesn't bore my wife to death.She likes mopars as a spectator so seeing someone rebuild a alternator is not going to keep her as a viewer.
The scene where Mark realizes where Darren has been getting the popcorn from was epic.

BTW my wife bought me the "REAPER" shirt from their facebook store and it arrived in two days.They have some nice looking shirts and stuff.

The chances of me advertising the show on a t-shirt is just about below me wearing a honey boo boo t-shirt...

Right now it seems to be the only Mopar related show out there. As such, I'd sure like to see them cut the stupid drama and just do the cars. For me, Mopars are about not having a belly button car, but Graveyard carz is a belly button show with the same moronic formula cranking out the same phoney drama as a dozen other trashy shows I refuse to watch. The tv in general is full of that crap with the Kar-trash-ians or some other pack of bimbos on Bravo, the Women's channel, etc.
A good example for them to follow would be in the style of Wheeler Dealer. Not too much BS and I am genuinely interested in watching Edd tackle each problem that comes along, regardless if the cars are totally foreign makes or US iron. I end up learning a little something and am entertained in the process. In short the show should be about the CARS, not the whiners or phoney drama / personalities.

well, here i go again ... so.... in the last episode "the guys" have the canadian superbird on a single floor jack in the front pushing it to another room. then, of course, the K member slips off the jack and the front end crashs down and puts two very nice dents in the bottom of the newly painted cone section. wow! doing that to a superbird! and then later in the show, mark says that he hopes the owner doesn't see what happened when the show airs. are you kidding me? yes, accidents happen but you probably don't have to be too smart to not try and move a newly painted superbird like that. yes, the entire incident was most likely staged just for "dramatic effect." now, how about the guys lowering the plumb crazy challenger down on the front assembly section with mark and darien laying on the floor under the car with no one realyzing that the car is coming down on the suspension stand - yep, the stand goes flying out of the front of the car! that little incident was probably the most dangerous thing i've ever seen on a tv car repair show. i REALLY didn't think it was funny at all. yes i love the cars, but i will repeat a prior statement i made in a previous post - i can't imagine paying these guys $50, 60 75k to restore a car!

-
Back