Graveyard Carz Coming Back

-
Mark stated that AAR Cuda was the only car produced by Ma Mopar with different tire sizes front and rear. Maybe my hearing is really bad but he didn't include the TA in that statement.

I can't believe I'm defending Mark but what he said was the AAR was the only car PLYMOUTH made with two different size tires.
Ron

I just recently got Velocity channel by my cable provider, and was watching Graveyard cars tonight for the first time.
As Mark was talking about the history of the Barracuda, a pic of my car showed up during his description of the different model years of the Barracuda! I thought that was pretty neat!

I just recently got Velocity channel by my cable provider, and was watching Graveyard cars tonight for the first time.
As Mark was talking about the history of the Barracuda, a pic of my car showed up during his description of the different model years of the Barracuda! I thought that was pretty neat!

That's cool.How did they get the pic?

I don't remember which episode it was but when they were installing the windshield and had it sitting on the body panel sawhorses, was anybody else waiting for it to crash to the floor.

Not sure. I only posted it on this site when I got my new rims/tires/dog dish hub caps installed (show us your tire & rim combo thread), before I put the hood/w SS scoop on the car (current configuration in signature), back in 2010, I think.......Blew my mind though.......Had to watch it a second time, just to make sure I wasn't seeing anything!

I can't believe I'm defending Mark but what he said was the AAR was the only car PLYMOUTH made with two different size tires.
Ron

Didn't catch that "Plymouth" referance. But, did you see when the installed the torsion bar all the dirt and crap that came out of the cross member?

This is the pic that they flashed, when Mark was talking about the different years of the Barracuda. It was on for maybe 5 seconds, almost exactly 1/2 way through the show.

Attachments

• 61198_156918707668275_3402982_n[1].jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 937
Nice!

Can anyone tell me what that whole segment was about where he sent a DVD off to someone in Hollywood to have it personally autographed from "one celebrity to another"?!?!? It was some woman from the 70's show Welcome Back Kotter. I felt it added nothing to the show and it reinforced my belief that Mark is a delusional egomaniac bordering on being a sociopath. And don't blame it on the writers, it's his show, he decides what goes on there. I would not appear on any show that made me look like an idiot, but that's just me.

I have never watched it, and not sure if my cable co. provides it. sounds like (by reading)
I am not missing much, but I will look to see if I can and give my thoughts on it.

I have never watched it, and not sure if my cable co. provides it. sounds like (by reading)
I am not missing much, but I will look to see if I can and give my thoughts on it.

Just d'load it...it is on a couple of torrent sites..

Ok...so he newest one is watchable ...except for Daren should just say home....even if he works for free, it is too much..

A '68 Dodge Charger with a /6 ?? Did it need to be pushed up hills...the charger was a heavy car....

Can anyone tell me what that whole segment was about where he sent a DVD off to someone in Hollywood to have it personally autographed from "one celebrity to another"?!?!? It was some woman from the 70's show Welcome Back Kotter.

I had some time to kill this morning so I looked up Welcome Back Kotter on IMDb and found this Helaine Lembeck that Mark was going on and on about. Apparently, she is about a big of a celebrity as he is! She was on 14 episodes of WBK back in the 70's and has had small roles in sitcoms over the past 30 years.

Sounds like he has a crush on someone from his childhood and can add internet stalker to his bio!

from their facebook page...

ATTENTION "A BODY" folks. Finally! Introducing the first A Body to be restored on Graveyard Carz. This 1 of 130, A57 Plymouth fastback 'Cuda is optioned with a 383 Super Commando and a 4 speed transmission. Stay tuned for lots of pictures and fun on this very rare A body fish!

Like the show for the cars. As far as Mark goes, it seems he knows his mopars but he is somewhat obnoxious. I am waiting for Josh or Darren to lay him out.

i have found a reasonable way to watch graveyard carz - i simply mute the sound most of the time mark is on. i can actually deal with the rest of the cast and most of the time those guys are talking about the cars - not something egotistical or moronic like mark. it's also not to bad to keep the sound on when they are working on the cars although, again, if mark is in the shot/garage then it is touch and go with the mute button. i really don't think mark is putting too much of his bazaar behavior on - i think he may really be as he appears. the stuff with him acting like a prize fighter and trying to shadow box everyone around is quite disturbing. i did know guys like him - in high school. it amazes me that he could act as he does at his age. and while i am a mopar guy, i could barely control my laughter when he stated on the last episode that "a 67 GTX is one of the most valuable collector cars in the world." it is hard to imagine any "so-called" collector car "expert" actually making such a statement. i expect mark has never seen a 69 boss 429 mustang but he should realize that any number of "mopar" muscle cars are more valuable than a 67 GTX! i do have to grin a bit on the new segment mark has added where he asks a question of the viewers about some mopar factoid then after the commercial comes back and shares his vast knowledge by reciting the answer. sadly, it is difficult for me to watch this show but i just grit my teeth because of the cars.

Saw the Lembeck/Barracuda history episode last night.

OK, so the have added more car related content, as well as "fun fact" side notes, which IMO are pretty basic (and didn't we just prove that A- headers DO add HP, and B- factory HP manifolds aren't that much better than regular?)

It seems Mark's non-car antics have gotten more complex.
They are at the same time less annoying, but more disturbing, and therefore more difficult to watch.

Also they have replaced the daughter/office chick with a slightly older womwn who will now be "working on the cars".

...and finally- did you notice he was wearing a "Only a hand full of guys..." T shirt? Must be the same publicity folks that came up with jessica simpson's "plata-ma-pus" shirt.

Nice to see your own car on TV, eh.
I thought that one looked familiar, and even pointed it out to me wife.

Oh, and if he puts those sunroof drain tubes back in the ASC "factory" locations...he's an idiot. They drain right into the space between the quarter and rocker, and fender and rocker. 100% guaranteeing a rust-out in a short time.
Even the dope who owned my 74 s/r Charger figured out they needed to be rerouted to drain directly outside the car.

Thought sure Helaine Lembeck was gonna be "Julie"- (Marcia Strassman), who I always thought was very hot.

Top- IMO Lembeck is more attractive now.

Bottom- Strassman in 70's.

Attachments

• Helaine Lembeck.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 682
  • Marcia Strassman.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,657
Watched 1/2 hr of it today, have to agree with earlier comments, way too much drama and BS. Would have preferred something more like Wheeler Dealer. Less BS, more cars, leave the personal garbage out of it. If I owned that 6 figure Challenger with the sunroof they were working on and saw that garbage I'd have pulled the car out of that shop. Business is business, playtime is later.

so - ok, i think i've figured out what this show is for and about. i believe this show is going to morf into a product sales/display "infomercial." i watched the show tonight (jan 28th) on comcast in pittsburgh, pa and mark was proud of his new motor test stand. it is a nice piece of equipment and it was prominently featured in the show. a couple of shows ago mark took delivery of a new "specially designed" media blast cabinet. also on the show tonight was about ten minutes air time on "overstock dot com" products. mark also put a plug in for phoenix graphics for the hood black-out vinyl for the purple challenger. i bought a side stripe kit from them for my 68 formula s and i'm not that excited about their product. i'm now looking at buying another side stripe kit. i suspect that there will be more and more products featured on this show as various vendors donate their stuff to "mark and his gang" just to get air time. i don't have a problem with that because "PowerBlock TV" does the same thing for their shows. if graveyard carz turns into an advertising space for car parts then at least it will explain how this show with this cast can continue to be broadcast.

Wasted an hour of my life watching this show tonite... doesnt get much worse than this. First time - last time.

Tried it again tonight....despite the great looking cars I just can't stand to watch those guys one more minute and deleted it off my DVR. What's more they don't really care what we think. I went to the web site and wrote them about the show. Didn't even get the courtesy of a robo-e-mail stating they received it.

This thread really makes me laugh. Reality TV is what it is. Every single reality show would be boring as hell without the added drama. That's what gets people to watch. All of us die hard Mopar guys and gals would rather them focus on the cars, no doubt. But, to get "outsiders" to watch the show, you need more than just four guys restoring a car to get their attention. Its that simple. All of the advertising plugs are also needed to make it happen. Mr Mopars is a big sponsor of the show. I know the guys over there really well, and I buy their product on a very regular basis. They have visited Mark and his employees at their shop and have told me how things really are. Mark is nothing like what he comes across as on TV. He is a very easy going guy, but he loves the camera. As seen on TV. Darren is just like he comes across on TV. He had some sort of head trams in his past, and it effects him like seen on TV. Josh is just a young kid. He's obviously eager to learn about Mopars and restoring them to their past glory like mark. Supposedly he and his wife, Marks daughter, have separated and are getting divorced. Obviously that hasn't been advertised on the show. Royal is Royal. Pretty easy going guy with a dry sense of humor. This info is all second hand and should be taken as is. In my opinion all of these guys make the show interesting to watch, and without them, it would be pretty damn lame. I myself would love to go and visit the shop, and meet the guys. Say what you want about the show. Everyone has their own opinion and that's what makes the world go round. If you don't like it, don't watch it! Really simple. Us Mopar folks should enjoy having a Mopar dedicated program on the tube.

...Say what you want about the show. Everyone has their own opinion and that's what makes the world go round. If you don't like it, don't watch it! Really simple. Us Mopar folks should enjoy having a Mopar dedicated program on the tube.
Well said. I enjoy watching it as well. My wife really gets a kick out of Mark.

-
Back