Graveyard Carz Coming Back

-
Right now it seems to be the only Mopar related show out there. As such, I'd sure like to see them cut the stupid drama and just do the cars. For me, Mopars are about not having a belly button car, but Graveyard carz is a belly button show with the same moronic formula cranking out the same phoney drama as a dozen other trashy shows I refuse to watch. The tv in general is full of that crap with the Kar-trash-ians or some other pack of bimbos on Bravo, the Women's channel, etc.
A good example for them to follow would be in the style of Wheeler Dealer. Not too much BS and I am genuinely interested in watching Edd tackle each problem that comes along, regardless if the cars are totally foreign makes or US iron. I end up learning a little something and am entertained in the process. In short the show should be about the CARS, not the whiners or phoney drama / personalities.

Wheeler Dealers is probably one of the best car shows on TV right now....:cheers: Ed is the master when it comes to explaining how to in simple terms.

The Monkeys are a close second but only for the WTF factor and the fact that they build unique (strange, weird,stupid, crazy) stuff.

I really liked the american muscle car series.....wish they would reboot that since there are many more models they could go into.

If you missed tonight's episode well, you really missed something. Yeah there is still some B.S. but Mark really shined tonight with lots of good information sharing. Look for the re-run.

Ray Evernham's "AmeriCARna" is pretty good.
Might be my new favorite, although it's totally different than the hands on Wheeler Dealers.

They had Kasey Khane driving a 74 NASCAR Hemi Charger and a modern sprint cup car in head to head tests.
(although I wish they had fully explained how much closer the 74 was to an actual production car)

I saw the GYC last night, and spotted another error/omission, but can't remember this am, what it was.

Let's pause a moment to examine this---

What's it like to be Daren?

What's his day job?

How come he always gets to be side by side with Mark at the show's end?

How come both he and the kid miraculously change from incompetent morons with piss poor work ethics, into eloquent, camera savvy spokesmen, when it's their turn to hock a product?

Was Daren welding that roof panel??

How come a guy with virtually no "air time" is the go to guy for doing the door skin?

I will say that this was a much better episode than most others I've seen to this point.

...and I saw yet another trailer for a show I haven't seen before.

How many are we up to now?

i wondered over to their facebook ...because I am curious...I gather that they are the best thing since sliced bread....seems like the US has a real appetite for this drama..

I just want to know when these "professionals" will stop dropping cars off jacks...

Ray Evernham's "AmeriCARna" is pretty good.
Might be my new favorite, although it's totally different than the hands on Wheeler Dealers.

They had Kasey Khane driving a 74 NASCAR Hemi Charger and a modern sprint cup car in head to head tests.
(although I wish they had fully explained how much closer the 74 was to an actual production car)

YY1,

Thanks for the tip. i d'loaded AmeriCARna ..the nascar comparison and found it quite good. What I know about NASCAR can be written on a tip of a pin.

I agree with you comment and wasn't surprised t the comments ...if I remember correctly, the young pilot would have been surprised that the old iron had higher top speeds...

I shall be watch in show..the host seems pretty cool...

We don't get many car shows up our way unless you have speed..

ian.

Legondary is a good show. Peter Klutt is a big player with a focus on the high $$$ cars. the first episodes were interesting especially the one where he drops big $$ on that Aston Martin race car. I think that ole boy from Oklahoma was playing him.

Right now it seems to be the only Mopar related show out there. As such, I'd sure like to see them cut the stupid drama and just do the cars. For me, Mopars are about not having a belly button car, but Graveyard carz is a belly button show with the same moronic formula cranking out the same phoney drama as a dozen other trashy shows I refuse to watch. The tv in general is full of that crap with the Kar-trash-ians or some other pack of bimbos on Bravo, the Women's channel, etc.
A good example for them to follow would be in the style of Wheeler Dealer. Not too much BS and I am genuinely interested in watching Edd tackle each problem that comes along, regardless if the cars are totally foreign makes or US iron. I end up learning a little something and am entertained in the process. In short the show should be about the CARS, not the whiners or phoney drama / personalities.

Ouch! It sure doesn't take long to be forgotten... LOL. I enjoy watching Mark and his guys hammer it out. GYC is a fun show. Still, no knock intended but, it seems to me very few people here have explored other options like MavTV. There's lots going on there! Including a Mopar build I like:

Friday, March 14 @ 3:30 PM ET
Chop Cut Rebuild: Pair 'O Dice by the Dashboard Lights

In this Episode, The Charger gets a new transmission and audio system, while the CSOC GS turns on the lights.

Ouch! It sure doesn't take long to be forgotten... LOL. I enjoy watching Mark and his guys hammer it out. GYC is a fun show. Still, no knock intended but, it seems to me very few people here have explored other options like MavTV. There's lots going on there! Including a Mopar build I like:

In this Episode, The Charger gets a new transmission and audio system, while the CSOC GS turns on the lights.

Always enjoyed your show but when are we going to see something newer than 2011?

Anytime the subject comes up, I tell everyone that CCR is the best car show on TV, hands down.

Bring us more!

CCR - sorry, never caught your show, just got Velocity not too long ago... I just wish the producers of GYC and all the other trash tv for that matter out there would stop playing down to the lowest common denominator; stupid tv for supposedly stupid people. As if gear heads are all supposed to be moronic knuckle draggers with sloped foreheads....your target audience demographics are seriously flawed, Mr. con artist producer...
I really think the producers are jerks and fast buck con artists for slinging that shyte on the airwaves, and guys like Mark at GYC should not let themselves be portrayed as a pack of whiners and morons just for 'entertainment' value. You can laugh all the way to the bank, but honestly, if he's running a for-profit business, how many potential future customers has he turned off by that noise? Would you want your pride and joy dropped off a jack while they are restoring it, just for 'entertainment value?' And no, not everyone is going to just say, well, it's just for TV.
Sooner or later that show will end. And it won't be the quality of the cars coming out of his shop they'll remember.

Hey Dan, I'd love to be able to watch MavTV but, although I'm just a few miles down the freeway from their building, my Time Warner cable system doesn't offer MavTV here in north OC, SoCal. I've sent several requests to Time Warner but no luck so far.

...I don't know if this would count because it is not a car but, the original Little Red Wagon came from the factory with different size tires front and back.....jus sayin'....

I love the show and look forward to it every week. There's a lot of tech in it, and some laughter, and I enjoy the show. I guess I'm dumb and have a slanted forehead or something.

If you don't like the show (A show about Mopars only and these guys don't like it. Imagine?) don't watch it! Just quit bitchin about it.

George

Quit watching it but caught the latest episode when channel surfing and I must admit it's a lot better. Welding in the floor pans and changing the door skin was good information. Personally, I would kick Darren off the show, he absolutely brings nothing to the table....................

Quit watching it but caught the latest episode when channel surfing and I must admit it's a lot better. Welding in the floor pans and changing the door skin was good information. Personally, I would kick Darren off the show, he absolutely brings nothing to the table....................

Ever wonder why there's nobody there and the phone never rings? It's because they film on the weekends.

I would prefer a show about the guys who actually do the work in that shop during the week. Not the goofballs who come in on weekends to perform for the cameras. The last episode included some of those guys doing real work and surprise!, it didn't blow.

Dan Woods....You are and always will be awesome!! I look forward to the day I can once again watch your show but I currently do not get MavTV

Well the improvement was short lived. This week we got to watch them carve pumpkins with a former professional wrestler. Gimme a break.

-
Back